Author Topic: New to the language having trouble setting up wxWidgets. (Error log)  (Read 3017 times)

Offline lucifael75

• Single posting newcomer
Code

-------------- Build: Release in Test (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

windres.exe -IC:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\include -IC:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib\msw  -J rc -O coff -i C:\CPPPRO~1\Test\resource.rc -o obj\Release\resource.res
mingw32-g++.exe -pipe -mthreads -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -Wno-attributes -Wall  -O2    -IC:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\include -IC:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\contrib\include -IC:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib\msw  -c C:\CPPProjects\Test\TestApp.cpp -o obj\Release\TestApp.o
mingw32-g++.exe -pipe -mthreads -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -Wno-attributes -Wall  -O2    -IC:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\include -IC:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\contrib\include -IC:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib\msw  -c C:\CPPProjects\Test\TestMain.cpp -o obj\Release\TestMain.o
mingw32-g++.exe -LC:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib  -o bin\Release\Test.exe obj\Release\TestApp.o obj\Release\TestMain.o  obj\Release\resource.res  -s -mthreads  -lwxmsw28_core -lwxbase28 -lwxpng -lwxzlib -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinspool -lcomdlg32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lcomctl32 -lwsock32 -lodbc32  -mwindows
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_app.o):app.cpp:(.text+0x1da): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_app.o):app.cpp:(.text+0x1ec): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_app.o):app.cpp:(.text+0x453): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_app.o):app.cpp:(.text+0x783): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_app.o):app.cpp:(.text+0xb63): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_app.o):app.cpp:(.text+0xb79): more undefined references to `_Unwind_Resume' follow
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_app.o):app.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_imagall.o):imagall.cpp:(.text+0xaaa): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_imagall.o):imagall.cpp:(.text+0xb04): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_imagall.o):imagall.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_msw_dialog.o):dialog.cpp:(.text+0x2c2): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_msw_dialog.o):dialog.cpp:(.text+0x525): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_msw_dialog.o):dialog.cpp:(.text+0x552): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_msw_dialog.o):dialog.cpp:(.text+0x61d): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_msw_dialog.o):dialog.cpp:(.text+0x67e): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_msw_dialog.o):dialog.cpp:(.text+0x78e): more undefined references to `_Unwind_Resume' follow
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_msw_dialog.o):dialog.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_main.o):main.cpp:(.text+0x129): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_main.o):main.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_appcmn.o):appcmn.cpp:(.text+0x2ef): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_appcmn.o):appcmn.cpp:(.text+0x32b): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_appcmn.o):appcmn.cpp:(.text+0x43d): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_appcmn.o):appcmn.cpp:(.text+0x586): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_appcmn.o):appcmn.cpp:(.text+0x601): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_appcmn.o):appcmn.cpp:(.text+0x61e): more undefined references to `_Unwind_Resume' follow
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_appcmn.o):appcmn.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_gdicmn.o):gdicmn.cpp:(.text+0x63a): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_gdicmn.o):gdicmn.cpp:(.text+0x696): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_gdicmn.o):gdicmn.cpp:(.text+0x6f2): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_gdicmn.o):gdicmn.cpp:(.text+0x74a): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_gdicmn.o):gdicmn.cpp:(.text+0x7a2): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_gdicmn.o):gdicmn.cpp:(.text+0x9ab): more undefined references to `_Unwind_Resume' follow
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_gdicmn.o):gdicmn.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_toplevel.o):toplevel.cpp:(.text+0x5eb): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_toplevel.o):toplevel.cpp:(.text+0x601): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_toplevel.o):toplevel.cpp:(.text+0x760): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_toplevel.o):toplevel.cpp:(.text+0x776): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_toplevel.o):toplevel.cpp:(.text+0xa68): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_toplevel.o):toplevel.cpp:(.text+0xe29): more undefined references to `_Unwind_Resume' follow
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_toplevel.o):toplevel.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_toplvcmn.o):toplvcmn.cpp:(.text+0x386): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_toplvcmn.o):toplvcmn.cpp:(.text+0x720): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_toplvcmn.o):toplvcmn.cpp:(.text+0x957): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_toplvcmn.o):toplvcmn.cpp:(.text+0x96d): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_toplvcmn.o):toplvcmn.cpp:(.text+0xc1f): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_toplvcmn.o):toplvcmn.cpp:(.text+0xc3c): more undefined references to `_Unwind_Resume' follow
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_toplvcmn.o):toplvcmn.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_dlgcmn.o):dlgcmn.cpp:(.text+0x441): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_dlgcmn.o):dlgcmn.cpp:(.text+0x987): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw28_core.a(corelib_dlgcmn.o):dlgcmn.cpp:(.text+0xab2): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 25 seconds)
50 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 25 seconds)

Above is the error I'm getting trying to use wxWidgets.  I had thought by using the wxPack I would not have such trouble, but as I'm very new to the language (C++) I honestly have no clue how to fix this lol.  I'm hoping this is a simple fix that some more experienced will be able to spot easily.

Thanks,

Lucifael.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: New to the language having trouble setting up wxWidgets. (Error log)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 05:53:04 pm »
The compiler you use must be compatible to the compiler that built the library.

I am better than 90% certain this is not the case.

Make certain the GCC version number is close as in 4.6x is OK with 4.6x; but not OK with 4.5x or 4.7x.
The x represents a number that need not match.

It must also be of the same type/build/exception as in Dwarf2 or SJLJ you can not have one being Dwarf2 and the other being SJLJ.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline lucifael75

• Single posting newcomer
Re: New to the language having trouble setting up wxWidgets. (Error log)
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 07:00:01 pm »
okay thank you, that at least tell's me what's wrong, I just don't know how to fix this really, as I don't actually know what version wxPack was conmpiled in lol.  Perhaps there is a newer build I assume C::B uses a relatively new version.  Currently I'm trying to install 2.9.4 of wxWidgets by compiling it myself.  I can compile it, but I get messages about no build configurations for release or debug and then things obviously don't compile.  Is there a gfix for this I am missing.