Author Topic: GCC 4.1.0 binary snapshot for MinGW  (Read 6923 times)

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
GCC 4.1.0 binary snapshot for MinGW
« on: December 24, 2005, 11:18:06 am »
I just wanted to share the first GCC 4.x compilation able to build Code::Blocks (with minor changes in the source I hope be fixed in SVN soon).

The link is in my signature and some info is shown there to get it working.

I say it's the first 'cause many times I tried (since GCC 4.0.0 came out) compiling GCC and then building a wxWidgets app and it always died with an ICE (Internal Compiler Error).

This version is really strict so you'll surely get lots of warnings when compiling, mainly from wxWidgets apps :)

It only includes C and C++ languages.

Enjoy it!

takeshimiya

Re: GCC 4.1.0 binary snapshot for MinGW
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 11:28:16 am »
Great! :D
Too bad it haves a lot of regressions yet.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 05:57:15 pm »
I just wanted to share the first GCC 4.x compilation able to build Code::Blocks (with minor changes in the source I hope be fixed in SVN soon).

Cool :D. Thank you very much.

Michael

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 08:44:58 pm »
I have a question. I would like to know if GCC 4.1.0 - MinGW (20051223) works with MinGW provided by C::B or not. I have tried to copy and paste, but I have had the first time include files problems and the second time this error message:

mingw32-g++.exe  -IC:\Programmi\Codeblocks_SVN_rev1648\include  -c main.cpp -o .objs\main.o
mingw32-g++.exe: _spawnvp: No such file or directory
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

Thank you very much.

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 09:29:18 pm »
That _spawnvp problem was the one I got when 7-Zip was unable to overwrite and create all the files in the 7z file over the existing one, and the one I solved it by decompressing it somewhere else and then cut & paste & overwrite.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 09:51:28 pm »
That _spawnvp problem was the one I got when 7-Zip was unable to overwrite and create all the files in the 7z file over the existing one, and the one I solved it by decompressing it somewhere else and then cut & paste & overwrite.

This is what I have done. I have decompressed the 7z file in a separate folder and copied each file in the appropriate directory (and overwritten the 3.4.4 original files). A fast search in Google did not bring too much about the _spawnvp problem (just some something similar with Bison).

Michael

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 10:03:30 pm »
I had no luck when I searched for that problem too and have no idea why it could be happening.

If you find something let me know 'cause I'm out of ideas for it.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 10:07:51 pm »
I had no luck when I searched for that problem too and have no idea why it could be happening.

If you find something let me know 'cause I'm out of ideas for it.

I will try again and may be with the full MinGW/MYSYS installation I have done in my notebook. If I find something, I will post it here. Thank you for your help.

Michael