Author Topic: can't find compiler executable in your search path (GNU GCC compiler)  (Read 807967 times)

Cybermaze

Re: can't find compiler executable in your search path (GNU GCC compiler)
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 06:54:05 pm »
I had the same problem.

Installing latest Code::Blocks 13.12 on Windows 8.1 with compiler, the program could not find the compiler.

Thank you laYahooz, your suggestion worked, now I can start programming :)

zakou3570

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 05:56:48 pm »
I had a similar problem. Please note I'm a total n00b in C++ and IDE's but heres what I did (after some research)
So of course I downloaded the version that came with the compiler and it didn't work. Heres what I did:
1) go to settings in the upper part
2) click compiler
3) choose reset to defaults.

Hopefully this works  :-\

Donload  MinGW     Instaler from this link     http://www.mingw.org/category/wiki/download                up right corner is the button   run instaler exe then you need to open the program  and make update then check the base system packages  it wil be downloaded the instaled   then do the reset compiler thing other people say in this post you wil be fine   hope i helped

Holmz

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 08:19:19 am »
Similar issues on a mac (OSX10.9)

which icc says:
/usr/bin/icc

which fort says:
/usr/bin/ifort

The icc link in the code blocks says:
Scanning for lexers in /Applications/CodeBlocks.app/Contents/Resources/share/codeblocks/lexers/...
Found 46 lexers
Script plugin registered: Find Broken Files plugin
Script/function 'edit_startup_script.script' registered under menu '&Settings/-Edit startup script'

Current compiler 'Intel C/C++ Compiler' doesn't have correctly defined debugger!
Current compiler 'Intel C/C++ Compiler' doesn't have correctly defined debugger!

And there seems to be only gfort (etc)... But no fort?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:22:36 am by Holmz »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 09:20:39 pm »
Are you able to build your project?
This message tells you that debugger won't work for  the ifort/icc compilers.
You should be able to build your projects just fine (if everything else is setup correctly).
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Eezageeza

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2016, 07:02:36 am »
Hello World!

I'm a total beginner and had an absolute nightmare trying to get Code Blocks to find and use a compiler. The information on the internet is rather inpenetrable and isn't always correct. It took a frustrating and disheartening effort to solve, at least enough for a beginner.

However, I solved my problem enough to practice coding!!   :D

This is what I did.

I reinstalled Code Blocks into my C: drive  (it was in D: previously, though I don't know if that made any difference or not)

I then went here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tdm-gcc/?source=typ_redirect
and downloaded TDM-GCC MinGW Compiler in the C: drive.

I then reloaded Code Blocks, settings >> compiler >> global compiler settings >> Tool Chain Executables Tab (to check the fields). The compiler was selected as GNU GCC Compiler. I then clicked "auto detect".

It FINALLY found the compiler.   :D :D :D :D

This is what worked for me after hours of fruitless searching and inpenetrable reading. The key I think in my case, was the TDM-GCC MinGW Compiler download. Now, I don't know if this is the real, useful deep way to begin a multimillion dollar systems development lifecycle, but it will do for practicing beginner code.
Perhaps looking at the tool chain executables may have been redundant, but I just said what I did.
I hope this may help any who remain frustrated.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 07:06:53 am by Eezageeza »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2016, 08:47:35 am »
I reinstalled Code Blocks into my C: drive  (it was in D: previously, though I don't know if that made any difference or not)
I then went here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tdm-gcc/?source=typ_redirect
Why didn't you simply install the version that has the compiler included? You should have read carefully the download page. Its written there.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

jaitan

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2016, 03:34:07 pm »
Probably the folder of the GNU compiler is in some other IDE that you have installed, search the files from your computer to the folder "MinGW"

Franexator

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2016, 02:07:58 pm »
1)uninstall your codeblocks.
2) download the binary one named codeblocks-16.01mingw-setup.exe from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/16.01/Windows/codeblocks-16.01mingw-setup.exe/download
3) after installing the new codeblocks, go to settings>compiler and in the compiler flags, whlie you have choosen GNU GCC compiler, mark the second square (C++11).

Worked for me.
GL  :-\

Offline rory

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2017, 01:38:14 am »
Thanks pb, worked for me. appreciated.

Offline NotMyMonkeys

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2021, 11:41:21 am »
Thanks for the historical helpdesk!

I followed SmittenJKittens advice and found the setting that was directing CodeBlocks to the wrong path.

settings>Compiler>ToolChainExecutables and click the auto-detect button.

/* Disclaimer: this is not my circus..... */