Author Topic: Problem with installation  (Read 49839 times)

Offline asaharia

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Problem with installation
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 12:07:50 pm »
Just tested codeblocks-12.11mingw-setup.exe. Works like any other installer now, thanks !

bobdy

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 02:37:18 pm »
hello,

my own problem is this:  i get a NSIS Error: ''Installer integrity check has failed... contact installer's author to obtain a new copy'' please help me out. i  have re downloaded it several times with same installation troubles.

hi... I recently downloaded the codeblocks-12.11mingw-setup for windows 7.  When i try to install, i get a message "Cannot create target folder. Installation cannot continue. (Probably missing access rights?)."  I have administrative privileges and there are no other users in my laptop.  Need solution...
[/quote]

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 07:52:26 pm »
i  have re downloaded it several times with same installation troubles.
Try to download from a different location, i.e. sourceforge.The packages are OK, just BerliOS has difficulties sometimes.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

AnttiV

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 11:54:31 am »
Hi.

I'm sorry to resurrect an old-ish thread, but I figure it's better to add here than to start another thread since my problem is very similar.

I'm getting that "cannot create folder" error every time I try to install CodeBlocks. Regardless of the directory I'm trying to install in, and regardless of what installer I'm using. (codeblocks-12.11mingw-setup.exe and also the one with the _user there. 100 600 973 and 100 600 983 bytes, respectively.)

I'm on a Win7 x64 platform that is attached to a domain. I'm logging in from a domain admin account. I even tried to explicitly add permissions for my username to said folders. No dice. It doesn't matter if I double-click them, or try right-click -> run as admin.

This computer only has one harddrive, so I'm unable to try a physically different location, but I tried c:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks and C:\Apps\CodeBlocks. Neither works. The installer creates the \CodeBlocks folder, then errors out with "Cannot create the target folder. Installation cannot continue. (Probably missing access rights?)".

I can install every other program I can think of and I'm quite sure I have necessary rights with this account to modify everything I need. (and the _user variety shouldn't need any rights anyway?)

So does it error out because this is a domain-attached computer? (and profiles are stored on server. Well, of course they are copied runtime to local, but you know.)

Offline Saadkhalid

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2020, 10:16:06 am »
https://youtu.be/1QYgFiKGk3k

This is complete tutorial to download and install code blocks.