Author Topic: wxSmith and C::B 10.05  (Read 3025 times)

Landslyde

wxSmith and C::B 10.05
« on: December 01, 2012, 05:55:45 am »
Just installed C::B with wxSmith. Did nothing more than add a BoxSizer and dropped a button on it. Hit the "Build and Run" and it immediately threw an error to this line of code:

#include <wx/app.h>

/home/woogi/Desktop/Code Blocks/Test1/tester2/tester2App.h|13|fatal error: wx/app.h: No such file or directory|
||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 0 warnings ===|

Now my best guess here is that this has to do with wxSmith not being available for the include. But I've checked and wxSmith is installed.

I run Linux Mint 13 Mate and downloaded C::B and wxSmith from the repository, so this should be a complete install, everything where it should be and AS it should be.  I suppose I've done something wrong here...somewhere. So if someone could help me get this on track I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Landslyde

PS: I read the info presented to the Forum by the C::B upper echelons. I hold no doctorate in anything, so I hope you don't mind a man coming in who asks questions that may seem trivial to you. I'm just trying to learn.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: wxSmith and C::B 10.05
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 08:01:58 am »
Now my best guess here is that this has to do with wxSmith not being available for the include. But I've checked and wxSmith is installed.
wxSmith doesn't organise includes, you do (always, btw). Also, wxSmith does not provide the wxWidgets sources required for building wx applications (as there are many flavours, versions, btw). So: Grab wxWidgets, install it as dev packages or compile yourself, setup Code::Blocks as needed and start developing. Its easy! There is also a tutorial in the WiKi.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ