Author Topic: The 12.11 RC2 (23 November 2012 build 8598) is out.  (Read 277527 times)

Offline raynebc

• Almost regular
Re: The 12.11 RC2 (23 November 2012 build 8598) is out.
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2012, 01:58:46 am »
I found another potential project parse bug:  If right clicking on a defined macro that immediately follows a logical not character, the context menu considers that logical character part of the macro name to offer for finding instances of the macro, ie:

#define MYFLAG 1
value = ~MYFLAG;

Right clicking on MYFLAG from the second line offers to find instances of "~MYFLAG" instead of "MYFLAG".  I confirmed that Code::Blocks already has handling to filter out the OR (|), AND (&) and XOR (^) logical operators, but the ~ is not being handled.  Is this behavior for no other reason than this character is used in the name of object destructors?  Can the behavior be improved to treat this like the other logical operators if C++ isn't being used in the project/source file?

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2013, 07:55:07 am »
Hello Everybody.

I wish you all a hapy new year.

Will there be a nightliy-version of the release 12.11 also or will there be new nigthly soon? The last nigthly RC2 contains still the editor-initialization bug.

Installing a nightly means only extract some compressed files, what can be done without admin-rights.

Best regards,
                  Eckard Klotz

Offline raynebc

• Almost regular
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2013, 08:07:26 am »
They already released 12.11, you can get it from here:
http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/26

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2013, 10:25:41 am »
The last nigthly RC2 contains still the editor-initialization bug.
What is that?
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2013, 04:38:46 pm »
The last nigthly RC2 contains still the editor-initialization bug.
What is that?
See here, but irrelevant because:
They already released 12.11

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2013, 08:18:19 am »
Hello Morten and Alpha.

Please excuse me, but I thought this behavior of the editor was known since some where else I read in the forum that the real release contains a patch for it. So please find here the details.

I'm using currently svn-build 8598 on win-xp sp3.

If I start C::B and open a file to edit this without pressink "ok" in the dialogue of the "editor-settings" before, the editor tryes to move the text in the window to centalize the position of the cursor. Please try to edit a line at the top or the bottom of the text-window to see this. I have to set the "editor caret buffer" in the "editor tweaks seting" to "None" to avoid this.

Once I close C::B and open it again the editor behaves like before. If I open now the configuration "editor tweaks seting" the value "None" is still there and once I press "OK" the editor works like it should again.

If I take a detailed look into the "About"-output I see that the nightly I use (8598) was was build on November the 20th. But the date of the coresponding forum-topic is November the 23. If Alpha writes that this bug-description is irrelevant, does this mean that you have posted a patched nightly with out creating an own topic?

Best regards,
                  Eckard.

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2013, 03:27:57 pm »
If I take a detailed look into the "About"-output I see that the nightly I use (8598) was was build on November the 20th. But the date of the coresponding forum-topic is November the 23.
The latest stable is currently newer than the last nightly/RC; remove your current version and install the stable for the bug fix.

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2013, 10:04:07 am »
Hello Alpha.

The latest stable is currently newer than the last nightly/RC; remove your current version and install the stable for the bug fix.

The fact that the stable version contains bug-fixes which are not part of the last nightly is the reason why I ask for a new nightly. Since working with nightlies means that you don't have to remove your current version to try out the next one. As long as you put every nightly in its own folder you can have as many C::B versions as you like. Furthermore I don't need admin rights for using a nightly.

Following the development of C::B by using nightlies is very confinient !.

OK, if you want to avoid to offer a nightly-version of an official release as an instalation-alternytive for what reasons ever, when do you assume to post the next development-nightly?

Best regards,
                   Eckard.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2013, 10:06:17 am »
You can install the C::B release wherever you want like the nightlies.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2013, 04:25:08 pm »
when do you assume to post the next development-nightly?
When the nightly maintainer (killerbot) find the time again... (Sorry for being not more specific though...)

The next nightly will bring major changes btw...
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2013, 04:52:24 pm »
Installing a nightly means only extract some compressed files, what can be done without admin-rights.
The Windows installers do not require admin-rights (... at least, last time I checked they did not).
You could also consider building your own copy from source; the first time you try this, it might take some time/effort, but after that, it is fairly easy.  And then you will not need to wait, if you do not want to, for a nightly to acquire newer changes.

The next nightly will bring major changes btw...
Major ;)

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2013, 08:35:39 am »
Hello Morten and Alpha.

The Windows installers do not require admin-rights (... at least, last time I checked they did not).
This may be the case on your private computer. But if you are using a machine maintained from a central support-team you may have less rights. And if you have to follow additional process-rules ("law of a company") for doing something like this installing becomes not easier.

On the other side between the releases you always answer questions about the next release with:
  "... use the nightly, since it contains everything you will get if we would post a release now ..." 
Now you post a release and I wonder where is the nightly?

Please don't take me wrong. I think the most important thing is, the next nightly will come, so I will wait for it.
Thank you for all your replies. And please accept my apologize if I stressed this point to much.

Best regards,
                   Eckard.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2013, 10:44:19 am »
This may be the case on your private computer. But if you are using a machine maintained from a central support-team you may have less rights. And if you have to follow additional process-rules ("law of a company") for doing something like this installing becomes not easier.
Well the installer comes in two flavours to suite exactly your need in case you don't have admin rights. Please read the download section on our webpage more carefully. (Not just the download links at BerliOS/SourceForge).

On the other side between the releases you always answer questions about the next release with:
  "... use the nightly, since it contains everything you will get if we would post a release now ..." 
Now you post a release and I wonder where is the nightly?
Sorry, but I don't get whats the problem here.
We release:
{[...],nightly,...,nightly,release,nightly,[...]nightly,release,[...]}
We are now at the marked stage. So yes, this is one of the less cases where there is no nightly which is newer than the release. What again is your problem (maybe I am just too dumb to see...)?! :-\

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2013, 01:02:32 pm »
Hello Morten.

Since there will be a next nightly, there is no problem at all.  I just wanted to explain why I started this discussion.

I think at the end I have coursed more confusion than clearness. Please accept my apologize for doing that. There is nothing you have to be worry about.

Thanks for all your great work you have done and you will do in the future.

Best regards,
                  Eckard.

Offline ham

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2013, 02:26:48 am »
Hi, thx for the ongoing hard work, i really appreciate.

I have found some issues on LinuxMint64 C::B svn 8832

The code-completion does not work for me as it should.

I work with the irrlicht engine, everything is found in namespace irr, irr::core, irr::video etc...

when i use a statement "using namespace irr;" in my main.cpp then the cc does not
include the related things into the cc-list, i still have to write irr::anything to get access.

The same happens when i am inside a namespace scope

namespace irr{
namespace video{

irr::video::anything  i have to write irr::? to get access to the cc-list

}}

when i have pointers/references to classes and use ->/. operators, then there is often (not always) no cc-list showing
members and functions and such.

--> so cc is not usable for me after update to 12rc, but it happened to work much better in previous svn-version 8600 and like

in the mainmenu - edit - end of line modes the netries are mixed up (unix == CR ?) and (mac == LF),
i believe its the other way around. (unix == LF and mac == CR)

mmmmhhh #3 seems to be fixed

#4 when i have a class i.e. IImage and i press right and want to find its declaration or implementation, codeblocks simply does not find it.

the class header "IImage.h" is declared in file <irrlicht.h> which is included in my main.cpp.

thx in advance
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 02:42:14 am by ham »