Author Topic: rev 8583 crash  (Read 18296 times)

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: rev 8583 crash
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 08:42:15 pm »
Maybe we should remove PARSER_IMG_NONE, because it seems to be useless and potential dangerous.
That wasn't the crash issue, btw. (but feel free to blame me for the crash anyways... :-[). And this image works properly - it also indicates paring failures, i.e. if a visibility could not be obtained. I think it doesn't harm.
For me it always crashed, when  PARSER_IMG_NONE (aka -2) was returned.
It finally crashed in void ListBoxImpl::RegisterImage(int type, const char *xpm_data) .

Offline Martin K.

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 08:43:09 pm »
another one,

rev 8584, clean compile, windows XP, TDM-GCC 4.6.1, GDB 7.4

Start codeblocks, open a project and close Codeblocks before the build button comes active.
Crashes in NativeParser::AdcompilerDirs, plugins\codecompletion\nativeparser.cpp line 2026.
The debugging codeblocks crashes in debugger_gdbmi, debugger_gdb does the job.

secondly i have seen that the time from project load to codeblocks becomes "compile ready" (the build button comes active) becomes longer and longer in the last revisions.
I can not try much revisions to see when it comes into codeblocks. It tooks 1 and a half hour to compile codeblocks with tdm-gcc 4.6.1 (and 4.7.1) on my 4 Core 4GB Windows XP VMWare machine. Maybe i should try an older version of gcc sometime. As far as i remember the 4.4 was much faster (3-5 times) on this machine. That was the reason i asked for MSVC support. But codeblocks doesn't compile, there are some templates that MSVC2010 doesn't understand. (The L"abc" L"xyz" thing worked) but this is another story...

Martin

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 10:54:47 pm »
4 core ==> build in parallel ==> you will go down to lest then 15 minutes I think

Offline Martin K.

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 10:57:22 pm »
4 core ==> build in parallel ==> you will go down to lest then 15 minutes I think

thats in parallel with 3 cores :-) The host machine has 8 cores with 8 GB Ram.

Martin

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 06:29:18 am »
Start codeblocks, open a project and close Codeblocks before the build button comes active.
Crashes in NativeParser::AdcompilerDirs, plugins\codecompletion\nativeparser.cpp line 2026.
Well I cannot reproduce this, but can you try trunk again? I changed a possible crash candidate in this line (although I wonder if that could really crash... timing?!).
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline jccddd

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 03:11:07 pm »
Well I cannot reproduce this, but can you try trunk again? I changed a possible crash candidate in this line (although I wonder if that could really crash... timing?!).
The bug still exists at rev8587.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 03:12:57 pm »
Is it possible to use a debugger and provide a callstack of the crash?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 03:49:14 pm »
The bug still exists at rev8587.
Is it possible to use a debugger and provide a callstack of the crash?
True - or at least again at what line exactly it crashes now... I still cannot reproduce.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ