Author Topic: Debugger sometimes stalls when using "Step Into".  (Read 49750 times)

Offline and4cb

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Debugger sometimes stalls when using "Step Into".
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2012, 04:54:24 am »
If this is an inappropriate question, please let me know, but can one of the Administrators let me know what the likelihood is that this "step into" problem with the debugger will be solved in the next nightly release?  Should I be redirecting my question to the gdb forum?

Thanks for all of your hard work.
OS = Vista Home Premium; Coding Language: C; CB Version = SVN 10122; Compiler = MinGW32 gcc 4.7.1 Windows/unicode - 32 bit; Debugger name and version: GNU gdb (GDB) 7.5

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2012, 08:43:18 am »
If this is an inappropriate question, please let me know, but can one of the Administrators let me know what the likelihood is that this "step into" problem with the debugger will be solved in the next nightly release? 
This is unlikely.

Should I be redirecting my question to the gdb forum?
No, the gdb/cli output is never meant to be parsed by a program, only humans.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline and4cb

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 05:20:39 am »
Should I be redirecting my question to the gdb forum?
No, the gdb/cli output is never meant to be parsed by a program, only humans.

I may not have stated my question correctly... Should I ask the people who make the gdb program to look into the "step into" error, or is this problem solely due to the fact that I am using C::B to implement the gdb program?
OS = Vista Home Premium; Coding Language: C; CB Version = SVN 10122; Compiler = MinGW32 gcc 4.7.1 Windows/unicode - 32 bit; Debugger name and version: GNU gdb (GDB) 7.5

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2012, 10:01:05 am »
First C::B doesn't implement gdb, just uses it and tries to parse its output.
I doubt gdb people will care for this error, you can ask them, but most probably they won't help you.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline and4cb

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 10:36:21 pm »
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions.  I can see that you have many people to respond to, and I am grateful for your efforts.