Author Topic: The 02 November 2012 build (8500) is out.  (Read 157250 times)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The 02 November 2012 build (8500) is out.
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 11:08:47 am »
With the latest nightly, it now always seems to start on my primary monitor regardless of where it was when it was last closed - any ideas?
I know why, but the issue is that its not easily resolvable using wxWidgets as it missed important information on the about the display configuration. So either we implemented it ourselves for all platforms or wait until wxWidgets has the options to use.

Why it was changes is that with the previous version it was possible, that Windows appeared outside of a (single display) screen when being launched on a dual-monitor system before. This is worse than the effect now. Thus I decided to change it. If you don't like it, revert r8535. I'll think about to make this behaviour an option - although this would be an ugly hack.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 11:16:21 am »
Thus I decided to change it. If you don't like it, revert r8535. I'll think about to make this behaviour an option - although this would be an ugly hack.
...maybe I just found a better solution... gimme some time to test...
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 01:38:19 pm »
...maybe I just found a better solution... gimme some time to test...
The meanwhile committed fix should work for you (and others, of course). If you are willing to help, compile trunk and report back.

Offline ambarj2009

• Single posting newcomer
  • ambar...j
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2012, 08:16:06 pm »
I'm having problems with this version (8500), the machine is rebooted, or Code :: Blocks terminates with an error. It does quite often.

After reviewing event viewer I saw that for this application the error:

Faulting application: codeblocks.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.5512, fault address 0x00037742.

I have gcc 4.7.2 installed.

I appreciate any help.
 :'(
Let life take its course.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2012, 08:25:50 pm »
I'm having problems with this version (8500), the machine is rebooted, or Code :: Blocks terminates with an error. It does quite often.
Have you verified that you machine is stable without running codeblocks? Have you checked for hardware stability? Driver stability, etc?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline ambarj2009

• ambar...j
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2012, 08:43:12 pm »
Have you verified that you machine is stable without running codeblocks? Have you checked for hardware stability? Driver stability, etc?

Thanks for answering.  :D

Yes, it is stable. Although I do not think this is the problem. Everything is new. This week and last.

In these first two weeks switched to GCC version 4.7.2 and then change the version Code :: Blocks: From here the problems started.

The symptom is:
1) Start Code :: Blocks. All is well.
2) I open the project I work. All is well.
3) I continue with my work and in minutes the application falls Code :: Blocks, this in the best case.

Now I tried to disable SpellChecker. I changed it to use a dictionary in Spanish. It seems that for now remains. I do not know if this is the problem, if solved, will put a message.

The Spanish dictionary also recently installed it, but a little over a month and previous versions of Code :: Blocks seemed fine.

Offline ambarj2009

• ambar...j
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2012, 08:56:20 pm »

Thanks for answering.  :D

Yes, it is stable. Although I do not think this is the problem. Everything is new. This week and last.

In these first two weeks switched to GCC version 4.7.2 and then change the version Code :: Blocks: From here the problems started.

The symptom is:
1) Start Code :: Blocks. All is well.
2) I open the project I work. All is well.
3) I continue with my work and in minutes the application falls Code :: Blocks, this in the best case.

Now I tried to disable SpellChecker. I changed it to use a dictionary in Spanish. It seems that for now remains. I do not know if this is the problem, if solved, will put a message.

The Spanish dictionary also recently installed it, but a little over a month and previous versions of Code :: Blocks seemed fine.

Hello again.

Well, I finally discovered that the problem was with the SpellChecker configuration. To disable it, no longer produce the problems indicated.

Thank you.
Until next time.  8)