Author Topic: The 07 October 2012 build (8438) is out.  (Read 200924 times)

Offline Melhisedek

• Single posting newcomer
Re: The 07 October 2012 build (8438) is out.
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 01:45:37 pm »
Please excuse me for my ignorance but I installed 10.5 version of Codeblocks with compiler and afterwards I downloaded this nightly and just overwrote the files in the original install? It complained about one of the plugins but got into the program and also it compiled my hello world. Am I setting myself up for disaster or is it ok?

Thank you for your time!

Offline jarod42

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 03:30:37 pm »
The fact is that overwriting didn't remove obsolete files.

It is cleaner to remove entirely the (very) old version before installing nightly.

Offline Melhisedek

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 04:42:13 pm »
Ah so just extract it to a folder of its own and get that Widget dll I guess?

Offline Dreamy

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 12:38:12 pm »
Please excuse me for my ignorance...

How do we excuse your ignorance when you keep it that way? Please read:

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

Offline Melhisedek

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 03:43:40 pm »
Thank you for your time mate, I had issues with following a guide "thenewboston" and the same post you quoted, and between them and two different binary builds (with and without mingw) and their sizes compared to nighly ones, I just wasn't sure if I would have a support for compiler with nightly only even with two extra files installed. Hence ignorance and idea to overwrite files. Didn't mean to upset anyone or appear provocative or anything. If I have I apologize it wasn't my intention at all.

Offline Dreamy

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 05:09:49 pm »
Code::Blocks works with most compiler versions just fine, so keeping MinGW directory alive and removing everything else should do the job, however newer compiler build sounds slightly better. I have to use VC++ myself, but I've been happy user of TDM GCC for a long time.

Offline dk

• Code::Blocks for ALT Linux Sisyphus
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2012, 10:35:02 pm »
Are you sure no other instance of C::B is running ?

Yes, I am.

But suddenly (probably, after reboot) the problem disappeared and I can't reproduce it now. Thanks!
Denis Kirienko
C::B maintainer for ALT Linux distribution (http://www.sisyphus.ru/srpm/codeblocks)

Offline dk

• Code::Blocks for ALT Linux Sisyphus
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2012, 10:37:59 pm »
Resolved Fixed:

• Make the localization to be off by default, hopefully this will minimize the number of people getting the right-to-left text issue;

I don't like this change.

Is it an easy way (probably, codeblocks source patch) to turn on default localization?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 08:29:52 pm by dk »
Denis Kirienko
C::B maintainer for ALT Linux distribution (http://www.sisyphus.ru/srpm/codeblocks)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2012, 09:40:32 am »
Is it an easy way (probably, codeblocks source patch) to turn on default localization?
You simply have to enable localisation in the settings and select you language. Once this is done its persisted. This is what we had in mind: Start C::B w/o localisation at first run, let the user decide if and what to localise and remember that.

I think this is/was the right ting to do. Its like that in many other apps, too. The problem is, to detect the tight locale is error prone. But the user always knows its preferred language.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2012, 03:33:22 pm »
The Find in files function doesn't remember the search path / mask state anymore. Worse, if I click on the "..." to pick the path, it goes all the way back to "My Computer". This is so annoying  >:( because I have to find on a huge project, and the only way to save time is to use that feature.

Mind fixing it please?

EDIT: If you leave the path blank and click "Recurse subdirectories", C::B hangs.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 06:38:14 pm by rickg22 »

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2012, 04:01:22 pm »
The Find in files function doesn't remember the search path / mask state anymore. Worse, if I click on the "..." to pick the path, it goes all the way back to "My Computer". This is so annoying  >:( because I have to find on a huge project, and the only way to save time is to use that feature.

Mind fixing it please?

Probably my fault. I'll take a look.

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2012, 04:34:57 pm »
The Find in files function doesn't remember the search path / mask state anymore. Worse, if I click on the "..." to pick the path, it goes all the way back to "My Computer". This is so annoying  >:( because I have to find on a huge project, and the only way to save time is to use that feature.

Mind fixing it please?

Probably my fault. I'll take a look.
Code
Index: src/sdk/findreplacedlg.cpp
===================================================================
--- src/sdk/findreplacedlg.cpp (revision 8454)
+++ src/sdk/findreplacedlg.cpp (working copy)
@@ -140,6 +140,13 @@
     ProjectsArray *pa = pm->GetProjects();
     cbProject *active_project = Manager::Get()->GetProjectManager()->GetActiveProject();

+    // load search path options
+    XRCCTRL(*this, "txtSearchPath", wxTextCtrl)->SetValue(cfg->Read(CONF_GROUP _T("/search_path"),
+                                                                    (active_project ? active_project->GetBasePath() : wxT(""))));
+    XRCCTRL(*this, "txtSearchMask", wxTextCtrl)->SetValue(cfg->Read(CONF_GROUP _T("/search_mask")));
+    XRCCTRL(*this, "chkSearchRecursively", wxCheckBox)->SetValue(cfg->ReadBool(CONF_GROUP _T("/search_recursive"), false));
+    XRCCTRL(*this, "chkSearchHidden", wxCheckBox)->SetValue(cfg->ReadBool(CONF_GROUP _T("/search_hidden"), false));
+
     wxChoice *chProject = XRCCTRL(*this, "chProject", wxChoice);
     wxChoice *chTarget = XRCCTRL(*this, "chTarget", wxChoice);
     for(unsigned int i=0;i<pa->size();++i)
@@ -302,6 +309,11 @@
     cfg->Write(CONF_GROUP _T("/scope2"),               XRCCTRL(*this, "rbScope2",            wxRadioBox)->GetSelection());
     cfg->Write(CONF_GROUP _T("/delete_old_searches2"), XRCCTRL(*this, "chkDelOldSearchRes2", wxCheckBox)->GetValue());

+    cfg->Write(CONF_GROUP _T("/search_path"),      XRCCTRL(*this, "txtSearchPath",        wxTextCtrl)->GetValue());
+    cfg->Write(CONF_GROUP _T("/search_mask"),      XRCCTRL(*this, "txtSearchMask",        wxTextCtrl)->GetValue());
+    cfg->Write(CONF_GROUP _T("/search_recursive"), XRCCTRL(*this, "chkSearchRecursively", wxCheckBox)->GetValue());
+    cfg->Write(CONF_GROUP _T("/search_hidden"),    XRCCTRL(*this, "chkSearchHidden",      wxCheckBox)->GetValue());
+
     if (m_findPage!=0)
         m_findPage->Destroy();

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2012, 04:42:22 pm »
Thanks Alpha. I'll test and commit. As we discussed elsewhere, it's still on my mind to look into merging the best bits of incremental search and thread search behavior into the built in find/replace.

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2012, 05:06:12 pm »
Fix applied in 8455,

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2012, 06:41:49 pm »
Thanks! Oh, btw, I edited my above reply, but here is it again: If you leave the "search path" field blank, C::B hangs (for around a minute at least) when searching.

And now that we're at it, I was wondering if you could move the search path / filemask functionality outside the radiobox; Sometimes we want to search inside the project/open files with a path or mask restriction. (I was planning to do it myself, but my free time dropped to zero back then, sorry.

Anyway, bugs first, features later ;-)