Author Topic: Debug report has been generated... ?!  (Read 15790 times)

Offline Radek

• Multiple posting newcomer
Debug report has been generated... ?!
« on: September 21, 2012, 05:59:47 pm »
I have started Code Blocks today (last successful event: automatic installation of Code Blocks 8395 from a repository) and I got a window which informed me that a debug report has been generated in the directory /tmp/blahblah. I was warned by the message that I should not press Cancel because I would hinder the Code Blocks improvements. So I pressed OK and Code Blocks qutted immediately. I tried repeatedly with the same result, I only generated more reports.

What is it all about? Should I have commanded "Cancel"? This phenomenon is completely new to me. Debian Squeeze, 32-bit, Code Blocks 8395. I am posting one of the reports.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Debug report has been generated... ?!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 07:39:04 pm »
Try to remove (or rename) ~/.codeblocks/cbKeyBinder10.ini.
It looks like a crash in the keybinder-plugin.

If that does not help remove or rename )for backup purposes) the default.conf in the same directory.

Offline Radek

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 07:31:30 am »
Thanks, Jens. Hiding cbKeyBinder10.ini allowed me to start a project. Then I redid editor's key bindings and saved, quitted and restarted Code Blocks. All seems to work so I suppose the crashing has gone. Radek is a happy user of Code Blocks again  :)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 03:00:12 pm »
Fixed SVN 8403

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 06:46:45 pm »
Pecan: Is it possible that this http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,16835.0.html crash is caused by the same problem?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 01:53:58 pm »
Pecan: Is it possible that this http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,16835.0.html crash is caused by the same problem?

There's no way to know from the crash report (as I've never, ever, even once, gotten addr2line to give me any useful info), but from the users description, I'd guess: yes.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 02:01:56 pm by Pecan »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 03:27:40 pm »
There is a config file attached, have you tried it?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]