Author Topic: Error: invalid instruction suffix for `push'  (Read 12191 times)

Offline Incantrix

• Single posting newcomer
Error: invalid instruction suffix for `push'
« on: September 18, 2012, 06:12:37 pm »
I tried to use one of the nightly builds, but now some of the programs I had written before no longer compile getting errors such as the thread subject.

Build log tags them as assembler messages.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Incantrix

Ok
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 05:37:22 am »
Well, I checked the FAQ page already and there is nothing in it covering this problem.  There were also no other threads, I checked before I posted a new one.   - Turning on Full compiler logging just spits out the exact same messages.

C:\Users\comp\AppData\Local\Temp/ccl1nhzH.s: Assembler messages:
C:\Users\comp\AppData\Local\Temp/ccl1nhzH.s:485: Error: invalid instruction suffix for `push'
C:\Users\comp\AppData\Local\Temp/ccl1nhzH.s:747: Error: invalid instruction suffix for `push'
C:\Users\comp\AppData\Local\Temp/ccl1nhzH.s:749: Error: invalid instruction suffix for `push'
C:\Users\comp\AppData\Local\Temp/ccl1nhzH.s:750: Error: invalid instruction suffix for `push'
C:\Users\comp\AppData\Local\Temp/ccl1nhzH.s:751: Error: invalid instruction suffix for `push'
C:\Users\comp\AppData\Local\Temp/ccl1nhzH.s:942: Error: invalid instruction suffix for `pop'

If no one has a clue, I will just download the original again, but I was hoping to not have to set it all back up again.  I assume I did something wrong in adding the nightly build.  I am reading now that the nightly was to be in a new folder and not meant to replace existing files?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 06:40:51 am by Incantrix »

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Error: invalid instruction suffix for `push'
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 05:47:55 am »
Turning on Full compiler logging just spits out the exact same messages.
(The messages would be the same regardless of the level of logging.)  What you posted is just the messages (the full log is under the "Build log" tab; not the "Build messages").
Can you post your full log?

Offline Incantrix

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 06:47:07 am »
mingw32-g++.exe -Wall  -g    -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\SDL-1.2.14\include"  -c C:\Users\comp\Desktop\Source\LazyFooTwo\CFile.cpp -o obj\Debug\CFile.o
C:\Users\comp\Desktop\Source\LazyFooTwo\CFile.cpp: In member function `void CFile::Render()':
C:\Users\comp\Desktop\Source\LazyFooTwo\CFile.cpp:248: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
C:\Users\comp\AppData\Local\Temp/cc5Dk5yf.s: Assembler messages:
C:\Users\comp\AppData\Local\Temp/cc5Dk5yf.s:485: Error: invalid instruction suffix for `push'
C:\Users\comp\AppData\Local\Temp/cc5Dk5yf.s:747: Error: invalid instruction suffix for `push'

There are numerous repeats of the same error, with either 'push' or 'pop'.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 09:19:59 am »
Unrelated to Code::Block, therefore locking the topic.

Please respect the forum rules you agreed to. Use the right forum (which is not the Code::Blocks forum) for these type of questions. We don't provide compiler support here. Thank you.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ