Author Topic: Building trunk on OSX 10.8 -> Suggestions on getting to build?  (Read 4635 times)

Offline ndavey

• Single posting newcomer
Building trunk on OSX 10.8 -> Suggestions on getting to build?
« on: September 11, 2012, 11:22:34 am »
Hi All,
I found C::B just the other day.. like the look of it a lot..
I'm a mac user, so grabbed the mac package (10.05).. played with it, but found the font size crash bug..

So I thought to myself, well, lets get the source and see if I can build it and look at this issue..

Well.. I'm having trouble getting trunk, 10.05, in fact any version to build properly.. I get varying issues with wxWidget..
Tried 2.8 and 2.9, carbon, cocoa.. Generally not having any joy..

I've got XCode 4.4.1 on 10.8 (Mountain Lion), but also have the 10.6 SDK from previous version...

Can anyone help me out with a sequence/combination that will allow me to build from source? (Would love to build a x86_64 version)...

Thanks
Neil

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Building trunk on OSX 10.8 -> Suggestions on getting to build?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 02:42:26 pm »
Can anyone help me out with a sequence/combination that will allow me to build from source? (Would love to build a x86_64 version)...
Well first, you could simply try a nightly build from here:
http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5358

(Look for "Mac OS X 10.4 binaries (Universal)".)
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Calexus

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 10:32:06 am »
Unfortunately building for osx isn't that easy. Using the provided workspaces makes it a bit easier but they wont work as they are. wxwidgets is a large part of the problem, 2.9 might be better but for 2.8.12 it must be built as 32 bit with carbon which means that cb must also be built that way. And in addition to that there is a couple of missing includes/#defines and some compilation errors. Linking will most likely also be a problem as building the projects produces a bunch of .dylib files instead of the ordinary lib files expected, you'll get an error saying the files can not be found.

It can be built but you will have to do a bit of tweaking to get it to work. And you will find the same errors from 10.6 to 10.8.

Offline ndavey

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 02:26:18 pm »
Thanks Calexus, you pretty much confirmed what I'd already half discovered/stumbled into trying to build C::B from source..
Pity.. because from the little I've used it so far I like it.. Will put building from source on the back burner for now..