Author Topic: wxSmith - proposals for project wizard enhancements  (Read 6022 times)

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
wxSmith - proposals for project wizard enhancements
« on: December 17, 2005, 07:27:04 am »
first of all, it works great ! thanks  :D

issues:
  • 1.)
    wx_pch.h file doesn't compile by default, because the "Option compilerVar" isn't defined in the template as "CPP"
Code
        <Unit filename="wx_pch.h">
-           <Option compilerVar="" />
+           <Option compilerVar="CPP" />
            <Option link="0" />
            <Option weight="0" />
            <Option target="default" />
        </Unit>

[li]2.)
project directory (creation?)
the project wizard for standard-wx-widgets-projects does create the project-directory inside the choosen Base-directory and remembers to this location between sessions. i think this is very well behaviour and should also be done by the wxSmith-project wizard.
( Maybe this is a point of discussion where projects should be created - directly in the choosen directory or in a subdirectory which gets created there and has the same name as the project ? )
in any case - the different wizards should behave in the same manner - otherwise a user will get confused.
[/li]

[li]3.)
typo "wizzard" , i think it's spelled wizard[/li]
[/list]

thanks

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: wxSmith - proposals for project wizard enhancements
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 12:11:57 pm »
1.)
wx_pch.h file doesn't compile by default, because the "Option compilerVar" isn't defined in the template as "CPP" [/li]
It seems to be a bug in C::B - I don't create project file directly but I use internal C::B functions for that. Bug report already posted :)
2.)
project directory (creation?)
the project wizard for standard-wx-widgets-projects does create the project-directory inside the choosen Base-directory and remembers to this location between sessions. i think this is very well behaviour and should also be done by the wxSmith-project wizard.
I think I know how to solve this :) I'll update code today and see If You like it ;)

typo "wizzard" , i think it's spelled wizard[/li]

Yop, noticed that but was to lazy to fix  :oops:

Thx for Your hints :)

EDIT: Unfortunately I won't be able to append point 2 today :(
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 04:46:29 pm by byo »