Author Topic: What compiler settings should I use with lastest MinGW?  (Read 2913 times)

Offline Bodmin

• Single posting newcomer
What compiler settings should I use with lastest MinGW?
« on: July 10, 2012, 10:23:00 pm »
Hello,

I really am impressed with the features of C::B. The more I use it the more I like it. Anyway, I am a student of C++, and I found out that C++11 is the latest version of the C++ language. To supplement what I am learning in school, I am working my way through 'Professional C++' by Marc Gregoire, Nicholas A. Solter, Scott J. Kleper. This version of the book is using C++11. I uninstalled C::B, ran CCleaner, and installed the latest mingw-get-installer-20120426, the re-installed C::B, the one without the built-int compiler.

It wasn't hard to get C::B to find the compiler, and I did after a simple trial of C++11 code - auto i = 7; find in the compiler options to make the compiler accept the syntax from the new standard. My question is, what other setting should I put into the compiler, linker, etc for me to be able to use the c++11 and the (I guess its called the c++98) standard? The only setting in is the one that forces the compiler to accept C++11 syntax.

Thanks for your attention

Bodmin

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: What compiler settings should I use with lastest MinGW?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 05:40:39 am »
You can add options, that are not available on the "Compiler flags" manually to the compilers "Other options" tab.

But please respect, that compiler related questions are not allowed in our forum/on our website, just C:B related questions.

If you know what to set, but don't know how to do it, feal free to ask here, otherwise, read your compilers documentation and ask in an appropriate forum/mailing list.