Author Topic: Main file is not shown!  (Read 26974 times)

Offline Red Prince

• Single posting newcomer
Main file is not shown!
« on: July 05, 2012, 06:32:26 am »
Hello Everyone! By mistake I click on close button on workspace button and main. Now whenever I open code block I create a project or open an existing project main in not shown where I write my code! ho to get rid from this problem!
thanks!

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Main file is not shown!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 07:22:23 am »
Please do not post the same question in two sections !!
I deleted the other post.

As Code::Blocks itself does not delete files on the disk, it should be as easy as reopen the file as you do it in any other application.

Offline Red Prince

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 08:56:33 am »
O.K., Sorry for double posting but problem is still there! How I come back to main file. I don't delete it but I click on close (X) button on both main and workplace button!

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 09:20:28 am »
If you use acomputer, you should know how to open a file with nearly any application, if not, you should not try to learn programming.

Offline Red Prince

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 09:31:26 am »
you don't understand What I am asking! when we create a project then a main.cpp file is created and shown in the Code::Block but now it is now shown whenever I create a project or open an existing project!
hope you understand now!

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 10:13:14 am »
you don't understand What I am asking!
Please calm down... you can (and have to) add source files to a project. If you don't do that they don't belong to the project. If you forget to save the project file they are lost. So: Add the "main" file to your project, save the project, close C::B, re-open C::B and re-load your project and the file will be there.

Please also read the C::B manual/WiKi (see my sig) to understand he concept of workspaces, projects and targets.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Red Prince

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 01:20:29 pm »
O.K., Thanks for your reply! Problem is solved!!

dannybox347

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 08:52:18 am »
Some people make the mistake of moving the "Management" bar (Left bar where you see it.) Make sure you are looking in "Project" and not on "Resources"... if so then move the arrow!!!

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 02:21:18 pm »
Isn't the internet amazing?

There are people who cannot see that their very same question was already answered in two other threads that are still shown on the first page.

And then there are the masters of search, they find 5 years old threads and sign up just to answer these.

Imagine one of each kind would make a baby together, the combined power of search and writing output, the internet would be a totally different place :D

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 07:30:02 pm »
Isn't the internet amazing?

There are people who cannot see that their very same question was already answered in two other threads that are still shown on the first page.

And then there are the masters of search, they find 5 years old threads and sign up just to answer these.

Imagine one of each kind would make a baby together, the combined power of search and writing output, the internet would be a totally different place :D

LOL

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Yamini Manchikalapudi

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 06:08:14 am »
Hello Everyone! By mistake I click on close button on workspace button and main. Now whenever I open code block I create a project or open an existing project main in not shown where I write my code! ho to get rid from this problem!
thanks!

Taskbar->View->Manager  OR  Shift-F2.