Author Topic: svn line highlitght - is it just me ?  (Read 6250 times)

undofen

svn line highlitght - is it just me ?
« on: December 15, 2005, 05:21:35 pm »
Im starting to think, is it my system's fault ? I submitted this bug http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1372906&group_id=126998&atid=707416 and people reply that they cant reproduce this. I submitted this bug at a time when the debugger wasnt working, now when its working, the actual line isnt highlighted, which makes it very unusable. I've got an uptodate ~x86 gentoo system, with wxGTK-2.6.2-r2. Do only I have these problems ? Or all gentoo users ? Or maybe all linux users ?
To give a little bit more info:
-the actual line is highlitghted with yellow, and errors are orange
-breakpoints arent highlighted red (as I think they should), actual line isnt blue - there is no highlight for both
-the above bug is still always reproducible for me
-when I go to the color settings of the editor, the line examples(actual line, breakpoint line, etc) arent highlighted until I reset the settings, but they are not after the reset when debugging
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 06:49:52 pm by undofen »

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: svn line highlitght - is it just me ?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 05:52:34 pm »
To give a little bit more info:
-the actual line is highlitghted with yellow, and errors are orange
-breakpoints arent highlighted red (as I think they should), actual line isnt blue - there is no highlight for both
-the above bug is still always reproducible for me
-when I go to the color setting of the editor, the line example but not when debugging

The line colors are becoming obsolete since they usually don't blend well with syntax highlighting. So:
Where there's a breakpoint, a breakpoint mark appears in the left margin.
When debugging, a yellow arrow points to the current line.
Also expect errors to be marked with a symbol in the margin, in one of the next revisions...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

undofen

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 06:41:34 pm »
I really like the idea, but I do not get any arrow, is it already implemented in svn ?

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 06:49:47 pm »
Yes.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 07:18:12 pm »
Personally, I quite like the compiler error line being highlighted. I've set that to yellow, that's a good contrast to all syntax styles. :)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

takeshimiya

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 07:23:19 pm »
I like it too. I don't understand, what means "don't blend well with syntax highlighting"?
I've not noticed any problem :?

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 07:25:19 pm »
Lol, I do understand :D   In its default setting, it clashes so cruelly with operators and brackets that you are unable to read anything. :lol:
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

undofen

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 07:27:31 pm »
I just checked with the latest svn and unfortunately I dont have the debugger arrow :/. I also like the error line highlight, though for debugging i'd preffer the arrow.

takeshimiya

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 10:09:24 pm »
Ah, I see. :)
I change all the colors so I had not seen any crash.