Author Topic: build dll library fail without any error message in windows  (Read 7158 times)

Offline jank9201

• Multiple posting newcomer
  I Currently buit  EAWebKit dll library with Code::blocks and failed, it only gave a message linking dynamic library fails, Is there anybody can give any cue or advise?  
    As the maximum length of topic,
   The following is the part of the build log, I have attached the whole build log as a attachment:
-------------- Build: pc-vc-dev-debug Win32 in EAWebkit ---------------

Compiling: ..\..\..\..\WebKit-owb\JavaScriptCore\profiler\ProfileNode.cpp
Linking dynamic library: ..\..\..\..\Distribution\pc\9.0.21022\dev-debug\bin\EAWebKit_d.dll
Execution of 'mingw32-g++.exe -shared -Wl,--output-def=..\..\..\..\Distribution\pc\9.0.21022\dev-debug\bin\libEAWebKit_d.dll.def -Wl,--out-implib=..\..\..\..\Distribution\pc\9.0.21022\dev-debug\bin\libEAWebKit_d.dll.a -Wl,--dll -LD:\MinGW\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.6.1\include\c++\tr1 -LD:\MinGW\msys\1.0\local1\lib -LD:\MinGW\msys\1.0\local2\lib  pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\BAL\OWBAL\Concretizations\Facilities\Common\BCObserverServiceCommon.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\BAL\OWBAL\Concretizations\Facilities\EA\BCFileChooserEA.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\BAL\OWBAL\Concretizations\Facilities\EA\BCFileIOEA.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\BAL\OWBAL\Concretizations\Facilities\EA\BCFileSystemEA.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\BAL\OWBAL\Concretizations\Facilities\EA\BCLanguageEA.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\BAL\OWBAL\Concretizations\Facilities\EA\BCLoggingEA.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\BAL\OWBAL\Concretizations\Facilities\EA\BCMIMETypeRegistryEA.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\BAL\OWBAL\Concretizations\Facilities\EA\BCSharedTimerEA.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\BAL\OWBAL\Concretizations\Facilities\EA\BCSystemTimeEA.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\BAL\OWBAL\Concretizations\Facilities\EA\BCXMLTokenizerEA.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\BAL\OWBAL\Concretizations\Facilities\WK\BCFileChooserWK.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\BAL\OWBAL\Concretizations\Facilities\WK\BCHTTPParsersWK.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\BAL\OWBAL\Concretizations\Facilities\WK\BCLoggingWK.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\BAL\OWBAL\Concretizations\Facilities\WK\BCMIMETypeRegistryWK.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\BAL\OWBAL\Concretizations\Facilities\WK\BCSecurityOriginWK.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\BAL\OWBAL\Concretizations\Facilities\WK\BCTimerWK.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\BAL\OWBAL\Concretizations\Facilities\WK\BCXMLTokenizerWK.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\BAL\OWBAL\Concretizations\ImageDecoder\BMP\WK\BCBMPImageDecoderWK.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\BAL\OWBAL\Concretizations\ImageDecoder\GIF\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\AccessItem.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\AccessItemRule.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\DOMParser.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\NativeXPathNSResolver.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\XMLHttpRequest.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\XMLSerializer.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\XPathEvaluator.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\XPathExpression.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\XPathExpressionNode.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\XPathFunctions.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\XPathNSResolver.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\XPathNamespace.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\XPathNodeSet.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\XPathParser.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\XPathPath.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\XPathPredicate.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\XPathResult.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\XPathStep.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\XPathUtil.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\XPathValue.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebCore\xml\XPathVariableReference.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebKit\OrigynWebBrowser\Api\DefaultDownloadDelegate.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebKit\OrigynWebBrowser\Api\DefaultPolicyDelegate.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebKit\OrigynWebBrowser\Api\EA\EAIniFile.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebKit\OrigynWebBrowser\Api\EA\WebViewPrivate.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebKit\OrigynWebBrowser\Api\HTTPHeaderPropertyBag.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebKit\OrigynWebBrowser\Api\WebActionPropertyBag.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebKit\OrigynWebBrowser\Api\WebArchive.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebKit\OrigynWebBrowser\Api\WebBackForwardList.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebKit\OrigynWebBrowser\Api\WebDataSource.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebKit\OrigynWebBrowser\Api\WebDatabaseManager.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcproj\WebKit-owb\WebKit\OrigynWebBrowser\Api\WebDocumentLoader.o pc-vc-dev-debug\build\EAWebkit\vcp' in 'D:\programing\EAWebKit-1.21.00.darkspore-1\projects\VS2008\EAWebKit\1.21.00.darkspore' failed.
Nothing to be done.

Can anybody help me?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 02:39:20 am by jank9201 »

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: BUIlD DLL LIBRARTY FAIL WITHOUT ANY ERROR MESSAGE IN WINDOWS
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 06:01:31 am »
1,Read this: How do I troubleshoot a compiler problem?
2, Your post title(all capital characters) is not quite friendly.
3, Please use tags to wrap you raw message.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 07:03:14 am »
This:
-LD:\MinGW\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.6.1\include\c++\tr1 -LD:\MinGW\msys\1.0\local1\lib -LD:\MinGW\msys\1.0\local2\lib
Doesn't look good to me. Where did you get your setup / project from?
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline jank9201

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 02:55:02 am »
This:
-LD:\MinGW\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.6.1\include\c++\tr1 -LD:\MinGW\msys\1.0\local1\lib -LD:\MinGW\msys\1.0\local2\lib
Doesn't look good to me. Where did you get your setup / project from?
  These two directories are directories of the ICU and Freetype library. the program from the http://gpl.ea.com/. and I modified it and wish to build it under mingw gcc.
Yesterday, I also used the plugin of Code::Blocks- cbMakefileGen to produce a makefile, and build it under command, which gave a message Error 206(Error Code),
the whole message is :
make (e=206):
mingw32-make: ***[../../../../Distribution/pc/9.0.210022/dev-debug/bin/EAWebKit_d.dll] Error 206.

what is meaning Error 206?

Offline jank9201

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 02:58:53 am »
1,Read this: How do I troubleshoot a compiler problem?
2, Your post title(all capital characters) is not quite friendly.
3, Please use tags to wrap you raw message.
I have Checked my program, according to How do I troubleshoot a compiler problem, it seems the problem is not in the mentioned list.
thanks.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 07:05:08 am »
I have Checked my program, according to How do I troubleshoot a compiler problem, it seems the problem is not in the mentioned list.
Yes, but you also didn't provide the full build log as suggested there. That's most likely why you receive no help.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline jank9201

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 04:34:32 am »
Yes, but you also didn't provide the full build log as suggested there. That's most likely why you receive no help.
the attachment is the recent build log, though  I modified some code, it seems not to have any effect.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: build dll library fail without any error message in windows
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 05:22:15 pm »
Your command is likely too long to work.

FYI: If you post the full compiler log of re-building your project something else might be shown.

If Windows 2000 or before the OS does not support more that 2047 characters on the command line.

Edit: Read this link and post the normal info
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_%28general%29#Q:_How_do_I_report_a_compilation_problem_on_the_forums.3F

Tim S.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 05:23:50 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org