Author Topic: Next version  (Read 6076 times)

Offline ANIRBAN GHOSH

• Multiple posting newcomer
Next version
« on: April 21, 2012, 05:42:47 pm »
When the next version for Linux would be released? I am using Ubuntu and still using 10.05.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Next version
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 09:44:08 pm »
Search the forum for the nighly builds or accept standard answer -> when it is ready.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline AlexN

• Alex's Link Sammlung
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 10:45:04 am »
Search the forum for the nighly builds or accept standard answer -> when it is ready.
But the real question, are there any concrete plans to build a new release. I assume wothout it, it will never happen.
The last releases were: 8.02 -> 10.5 -> 12.08 could be a nice successor. ;)
best regards
 Alex ;)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 12:46:07 pm »
BTW everyone interested in new release should try the nightly builds and should report any regressions from the 10.05 release. So we can have a chance of fixing them.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline AlexN

• Alex's Link Sammlung
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 01:21:13 pm »
BTW everyone interested in new release should try the nightly builds and should report any regressions from the 10.05 release. So we can have a chance of fixing them.
I for me keep the last release and work with the nightly build (both as portable). But the most new to Code::Blocks start with an old version (which is my opion not more stable than the noghtlies).
So I would suggest, to make each nightly build (if there are not to many error reports) some day after its araising to a release. I think now after merging the debugger-branch to main stream may be a good time for this.
And the minimum benefit of changing to such a doing is to avoid the many asks for a new release. ;)
best regards
 Alex ;)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 01:45:01 pm »
And the minimum benefit of changing to such a doing is to avoid the many asks for a new release. ;)
We handle them pretty well, don't worry about this :)

Offline ptDev

• Almost regular
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 05:41:39 pm »
I for me keep the last release and work with the nightly build (both as portable). But the most new to Code::Blocks start with an old version (which is my opion not more stable than the noghtlies).

In a shameless plug, may I suggest that newcomers try out the unofficial installer as way to try out a recent build of Code::Blocks, that can easily be installed or uninstalled?

Offline AlexN

• Alex's Link Sammlung
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 08:20:56 am »
In a shameless plug, may I suggest that newcomers try out the unofficial installer as way to try out a recent build of Code::Blocks, that can easily be installed or uninstalled?
If you think at your task http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,13234.0.html, than it would be possible a good idea to present it on more public place (like the link to the nightlies on the homepage). ;)
best regards
 Alex ;)

Offline carra

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 01:12:22 pm »
I actually find it more convenient to just unzip to a new folder and start it, no install needed. Bbut this is providing that you ALREADY have some compiler installed. If you don't, it's more of a pain without an installer.