Author Topic: Help Plugin  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Scotchman

• Single posting newcomer
Help Plugin
« on: April 09, 2012, 05:18:19 pm »
I have used TurboC++ 3 for DOS and MSVC1.5 for windows work. Simple stuff OK?!

Anyway, I started working with Arduino this year and was introduced to C::B. So far it is becoming my favorite. Very nice.

But as a newbie relearning old tricks I used TurboC's great help feature.... highlight a work and F1 and boom - straight to language reference material. I would like the same  or similar in C::B and understand it is possible. but I need help.

I am honestly not used to compiling my own tools to create my own tools....

OK so I discovered something called an SVN and downloaded the entire Help_plugin directly and find that there is no installer but I must compile it. fine..... So I DL the directory and locate the Project Workspace file only to find that I guess I need to download more. Some errors about wx-something.

so, can someone step me through this first compiling to get the Help-plugin working. I am using XP sp3 but will be also working in Linux down the road so that any advice that is platform specific - share. please. Because I will have to do this for Windows AND Linux eventually!

I know I can do this but I just need a teacher for this time.

Thanks.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Help Plugin
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 05:31:45 pm »
Have you tried to reinstall and to enabled the contrib plugins?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Scotchman

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Help Plugin
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 07:18:24 pm »
OK it seemed like a snide remark at first but THANK YOU!

I realized that perhaps something was hidden in the custom-install. YES-Sir-Ye!

Seems that I needed to expand Contrib-plugins and select it specifically!

thank you again and off we go!

For those of whom, this may helpl! Examine ALL the options under the expandable Custom Installation tree!