Author Topic: Code::Blocks linker fails with “No such file or directory” message  (Read 9203 times)

Offline Bolza

• Single posting newcomer
Hi i'm trying to modify a simple telnet client starting from an existing Code::Blocks Project that i found. I'm in a hurry so i have no time to write one from skretch (i'm not a c++ programmer).

Anyway the problem is when i try to build the code, the linker ends with this message:

Code
Linking console executable: bin\Debug\cClient.exe
mingw32-g++.exe: ..\..\..\..\..\..\Programmi\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\libwininet.a: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: ..\..\..\..\..\..\Programmi\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\libws2_32.a: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: ..\..\..\..\..\..\Programmi\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\ssleay32.a: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: ..\..\..\..\..\..\Programmi\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\libeay32.a: No such file or directory
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

It doesnt even fails, just dont build the project.
I cant find these libs on the internet either -.-
Any idea on how to link these libraries or just find where are declared?

PS: I'm on Windows 7
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:51:58 am by Bolza »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Bolza

• Single posting newcomer
You get the standard answer:
Read this: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_%28errors%29

This is the most important to read and understand: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_(errors)#Q:_How_do_I_troubleshoot_a_compiler_problem.3F

I will turn on the full Compiler logging but i really can't see how this can help me.
I receive errors from the linker, not the compiler.
(I alread read the FAQ and found nothing helpful)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
The compiler log will print the full linker command, too.
Then you can inspect it to see if it is correct.
You can even run it in the command line to see if it works (probably it won't).
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]