Author Topic: changing codeblocks compiler  (Read 13154 times)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: changing codeblocks compiler
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2005, 02:13:25 pm »
It might be a good idea to put the option to hide incompatible templates in the dialog itself though, so you don't have to close it, go to the settings, enable the option, and go back to the dialog.
Either a checkbox "Only show templates that support $DEFAULT_COMPILER / the default compiler", or a "Settings..." button (if there are more settings for the dialog).
If the option to select a compiler is added to the dialog as Takeshi Miya suggested, the checkbox text can be shortened to "Only show compatible templates" or some such.
Yes, exactly what I have in mind :).

Michael

Offline etko

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Homepage
Re: changing codeblocks compiler
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2005, 08:05:24 pm »
I am for having possibility to select compiler in "new from template". It might be good to draw all teplates for any compiller in "new from template", but to draw templates unsupported for that current compiler grayed out (disabled) maybe even with small icon overaly (like shortcut or network share has) to notify user that they exist but are not supported for that compiler, because of some technical limitation.

Nothing is more annoying like message box popping out "after the fact", it should be avoided as much as possible, user should be aware in advance what works and what doesn't. Thats my idea.