Author Topic: Why is this happening?  (Read 2934 times)

Offline s3anmik3

• Single posting newcomer
Why is this happening?
« on: January 17, 2012, 09:22:46 am »
Could anybody care to explain why this is happening? I am currently running codeblocks on Mac OSX. I just installed it and I opened a file that was given to me by my professor and I keep getting this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last login: Tue Jan 17 02:53:40 on ttys000
/Users/s3anmik3/Desktop/COP 3223/First_Program1
Sean-Unamkas-MacBook-Pro:~ s3anmik3$ /Users/s3anmik3/Desktop/COP 3223/First_Program1
-bash: /Users/s3anmik3/Desktop/COP: No such file or directory
Sean-Unamkas-MacBook-Pro:~ s3anmik3$

Thanks in advance.

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
Re: Why is this happening?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 10:58:09 am »
Hi,

I think you should remove the space in the directory "COP 3223". Replace it with an underscore or anything you like.

C::B has problems finding the directory. Obviously it searches for one that is called only "COP", so it stop reading at the above mentioned space.

Regards
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100

Offline s3anmik3

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Why is this happening?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 03:39:34 pm »
Hi,

I think you should remove the space in the directory "COP 3223". Replace it with an underscore or anything you like.

C::B has problems finding the directory. Obviously it searches for one that is called only "COP", so it stop reading at the above mentioned space.

Regards

I appreciate the reply but I followed your instructions and used an underscore but the same results still occur. Is there any other reason this might be happening?