Author Topic: The 07 January 2012 build (7678) is out.  (Read 104406 times)

Offline neo1691

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 07 January 2012 build (7678) is out.
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2012, 02:51:52 pm »
I am posting this problem again as i am facing it for quite some time now!!

Whenever i do ctrl+shift+n to open a new file and type #inc the autocomplete jumps in and provides suggesstions for me.. As soon as i save the file to a .c or a .cpp, the codecompleteion never happens..  :o

and then i create classes with its members variables and functions and then when i type main function, and create objects of that class, then again the code completion will never work..

After some time (if i dont close C::B) and create say file_1.cpp, file_2.cpp, file_n.cpp, and then in file_5.cpp the class of file_2.cpp will be popped up by code completion..

And after working for say half an hour, code completion will start working as usual..!!

What could have gone wrong?? Am i missing any setting?? i am just a student using code::blocks to learn C and C++!!!

Offline NilC

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2012, 07:49:51 pm »
1. Sorry for my English;
2. Code::Blocks rocks!;
3. Minor bug report: when I'm using "Rename symbols" on class name - it doesn't rename the constructor.

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2012, 10:20:43 pm »
[...]
Whenever i do ctrl+shift+n to open a new file and type #inc the autocomplete jumps in and provides suggesstions for me.. As soon as i save the file to a .c or a .cpp, the codecompleteion never happens..  :o

and then i create classes with its members variables and functions and then when i type main function, and create objects of that class, then again the code completion will never work..

After some time (if i dont close C::B) and create say file_1.cpp, file_2.cpp, file_n.cpp, and then in file_5.cpp the class of file_2.cpp will be popped up by code completion..
[...]
This is not exactly an answer; there are several things I have found that seem to reinitialize CC when it acts strangely.
  • Managing all files through a project
  • Saving all files
  • Clicking "reparse project"
  • Watching the application log, and only beginning work after seeing the phrase "parsing stage done"
  • And, of course, restarting Code::Blocks
I would also recommend going through all of CC's settings to see if anything is amiss.

Offline neo1691

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2012, 02:47:53 am »
[...]

[...]
This is not exactly an answer; there are several things I have found that seem to reinitialize CC when it acts strangely.
  • Managing all files through a project
  • Saving all files
  • Clicking "reparse project"
  • Watching the application log, and only beginning work after seeing the phrase "parsing stage done"
  • And, of course, restarting Code::Blocks
I would also recommend going through all of CC's settings to see if anything is amiss.

But most of the times i work with single files like .c or .cpp!! Haven't yet started coding like a pro! :D

Offline neo1691

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2012, 03:39:51 pm »
Just came to know this...
SCROLL TO THE RIGHT TO SEE THE FAILED DLL's
This happened after i ran C::B for the first time after the installation of the new anti virus

That is my laptop is infected by some W32.Xpaj.B.http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/w32xpajb-upper-crust-file-infector.

Many of the dlls of codeblocks were affected by this virus including the codecompletion plugin.
Now i have waged a war against this virus.. And hopefully if i win, i will get back my system back.. else a complete format is on the cards!!  :'(
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 03:44:02 pm by neo1691 »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2012, 04:13:03 pm »
So what? Its not our fault. If you don't want a virus, just don't download/run stuff you don't know from the internet or friends... I live very happy with that literally since ages, my last virus was when I was still running MS DOS. ;-)
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline neo1691

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2012, 04:16:57 pm »
So what? Its not our fault. If you don't want a virus, just don't download/run stuff you don't know from the internet or friends... I live very happy with that literally since ages, my last virus was when I was still running MS DOS. ;-)

I have always taken care regarding that!! Now i will go to my college and ask my sir to sort things out!!

enough off topic..!! Can i ask what is the status of the next stable release?? I really like the minimal prespective!!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 04:19:58 pm by neo1691 »

stefanos_

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2012, 03:51:57 pm »
@MortenMacFly: I have a kind request from user "_6i" from Code::Blocks' IRC channel to add pasgui's https://launchpad.net/~pasgui/+archive/ppa link. Is it possible please or not?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2012, 03:54:41 pm »
@MortenMacFly: I have a kind request from user "_6i" from Code::Blocks' IRC channel to add pasgui's https://launchpad.net/~pasgui/+archive/ppa link. Is it possible please or not?
Where do you want to add that link? Its here now...?! I don't understand. ???
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"

Offline _6i

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2012, 04:43:46 pm »
Where do you want to add that link? Its here now...?! I don't understand. ???

after patiently listening to all my ranting in the irc channel, _stefanos_ has been so nice and offered to post instead of me so i would not need to register for only one post, but eventually i joined the dark side.. :)

so, i just wanted to ask kindly :) to add pasgui's launchpad ppa repository to the download links
launchpad.net is the quasi-default/-official ubuntu bugtracker and repository "provider", and therefore using launchpad ppa repositories is integrated into ubuntu (creation and management of adequate /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* lists) can be done through a comfortable gui, or one single command (in this case "add-apt-repository ppa:pasgui/ppa", what is explained on the launchpad page)

however it is not exactly easy to find, it makes much easier to get more up-to-date codeblocks packages (without the need to compile anything for those who do not want to alter code, and enjoy the pros of package management systems..), as you probably know, in contrast with the debian packages provided by jens, the pasgui repo works out of the box on ubuntu
  and also, using the launchpad link (rather than the lgp203 one) makes it still easier to add and manage the repo
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:51:16 pm by _6i »

Offline _6i

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2012, 05:04:29 pm »

..and if i'm already registered, maybe i can even contribute a story of mine..

on the anti-virus notification problem:
  it might not be a virus at all, but a false-positive---back in the day in the grammar school computer science class, once i could not run a pascal program i have just written from the ide ("missing executable"), and when i exited the editor to investigate, i've seen the notification that norton antivirus just deleted my executable, because it supposedly contained a virus....in fact, it contained some cycles, some addition/division, and printing-to-stdout kinda' stuff...

anti-virus programs DO fail sometimes, but you should still check the origin of those files, and if convinced that they are genuine, report a false positive on the anti-virus developer's site (this is not unusual at all), and they should correct it and maybe the next virus database update will not complain..
...or confirm that the files are indeed infected and you were wrong.. :D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 05:07:10 pm by _6i »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2012, 07:27:18 pm »
so, i just wanted to ask kindly :) to add pasgui's launchpad ppa repository to the download links
launchpad.net is the quasi-default/-official ubuntu bugtracker and repository "provider", and therefore using launchpad ppa repositories is integrated into ubuntu (creation and management of adequate /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* lists) can be done through a comfortable gui, or one single command (in this case "add-apt-repository ppa:pasgui/ppa", what is explained on the launchpad page)

I changed the appropriate link on our binaries site and added it to the "Notes for Ubuntu users" on the frontpage of my repo.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2012, 08:32:03 pm »
I changed the appropriate link on our binaries site
...which for the sake of being curious... Which one is the link you changed here?

I've just updated my Ubuntu, so I might even try...

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2012, 09:54:28 pm »
I changed the appropriate link on our binaries site
...which for the sake of being curious... Which one is the link you changed here?

I've just updated my Ubuntu, so I might even try...
Last link in Important note for Ubuntu users:.

Offline _6i

« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2012, 04:57:35 am »
I changed the appropriate link on our binaries site and added it to the "Notes for Ubuntu users" on the frontpage of my repo.

thank you very much for the quick help, this should solve the "what was that ppa i found last time?.. how/where did i find it?.." kind of dilemmas after the next reinstall and save some time :)

..and hopefully not just for me.. :)