Author Topic: How do you install the plugins?  (Read 3888 times)

Offline rialmat

• Multiple posting newcomer
How do you install the plugins?
« on: October 03, 2011, 06:00:53 pm »
Hi all! I'm new to codeblocks. I've been trying to install the BrowseTracker plugin but without any luck. I got the source code from the svn and built it sucessfully with codeblocks. When I tried to install the plugin through plugins -> manage plugins, i didn't know what to do. It seems that some file  ended with .cbplugin is required. But all i got from the build is a shared library and a zip file. So, what should i do next?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: How do you install the plugins?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 06:13:14 pm »
OS? Have you tried to install the contrib plugins?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline rialmat

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 05:50:21 am »
My Os is Opensuse 11.4 64bit. BrowseTracker is actually one of the contrib plugins which i got from http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/codeblocks/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/

Each plugin in the contrib package provides a codeblocks project that i can build the plugin from. But all I've  got after the build is a shared library and a zip file, and i dunno how to deal with them.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 09:30:27 am »
Have you tried to use the Automake build system?

Code
./configure --with-contrib-plugins=all
make
make install
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]