Author Topic: gmtime with gcc and Windows-XP  (Read 3329 times)

rnestor

gmtime with gcc and Windows-XP
« on: December 07, 2011, 11:52:44 pm »
Just noticed that gmtime under Windows-XP is returning the same value as locatime unless the TZ environment variable is set.  According to Microsoft if TZ isn't set their gmtime function is supposed to get the time zone offset from the Time Zone setting in the system time control panel.  I have that set but didn't get the correct gmtime.  However when I set the TZ environment variable I get the right gmtime and localtime.  Anyone else notice this?  Is this a known bug?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: gmtime with gcc and Windows-XP
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 11:58:17 pm »
Just noticed that gmtime under Windows-XP is returning the same value as locatime unless the TZ environment variable is set.  According to Microsoft if TZ isn't set their gmtime function is supposed to get the time zone offset from the Time Zone setting in the system time control panel.  I have that set but didn't get the correct gmtime.  However when I set the TZ environment variable I get the right gmtime and localtime.  Anyone else notice this?  Is this a known bug?

Anyway, if this is a bug or not, it's not related to C::B in any way and therefore violating our forum rules !

When you registered here, you accepted to respect these rules.
Please do it the next time.

Topic locked !