Author Topic: Stable CodeBlocks Nightlies  (Read 2955 times)

Offline JATothrim

• Single posting newcomer
Stable CodeBlocks Nightlies
« on: December 07, 2011, 08:14:23 pm »
Hey!

I was wondering if I could moderately safely to update into nightly build of the CodeBlocks. Muching over the nightly topics is hard and takes time.
Nightly build is nightly, but there must exists some nightlies that work better than others. I do not have the time to test all of them to see which ones are usable. I didn't find any recent topics about "stable nighly" (eg. search gives this, the topic is from 2007) So I tought that obiviously some of you may have tested few nightly builds. (I have also, but I'm using the release version still) In this way we could filtter-out versions that are know to crash easily and suggest the most stable nightly.

The idea is simple: Use a nightly and fill following details and post:

• Tell allways which nightly you are using. Allways.
  • How long does the nightly run without problems?
  • Most intresting feature of the nightly? (Compared to last release version)
  • Link to the nightly's topic.

I'm posting first here because Nightly-subforum seem to have 'standardized' topics. Also, is this kind of thread wanted at all?  :)

Thanks

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Stable CodeBlocks Nightlies
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 08:29:38 pm »
Hm, why don't you just use the latest nightly and report if there are any problems that bothers you?

To be less off topic, I always use the HEAD of the debugger's branch, with some minimal number of testing patches.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]