Author Topic: [solved] crash on saving  (Read 4640 times)

Offline kai

• Multiple posting newcomer
[solved] crash on saving
« on: December 06, 2005, 06:18:53 pm »
Hi,

I've checked out the current cvs and succesfully compiled it on ubuntu linux. On startup I get the following error messages:

17:26:32: /usr/local/share/codeblocks/plugins/libcompiler.so: undefined symbol: _ZN11EditPairDlgC1EP8wxWindowR8wxStringS3_RKS2_NS_10BrowseModeE
17:26:32: /usr/local/share/codeblocks/plugins/libdebuggergdb.so: undefined symbol: _ZN13DebuggerState7CleanUpEv

C::B starts anyway but when I add a file to a project I get this message:
(codeblocks:31798): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
adding the file and opening it seems to work though.

C::B then crashes on saving a project file giving me the output (many times)
addr2line: 'codeblocks': No such file

The corresponding errorlog xml can be read here:
www.stw-bonn.de/~z44103/log.txt

Any idea what's going on here?

Just a few more words why i try to compile from cvs:
I first tried to install the released .tgz. my first problem was that there wasn't a configure file (never heard about bootstrap before) and the boostrap file also was not marked as an executable. after finding out how to create a configure file and chmoding bootstrap to an executable i get the following error:
bash: ./bootstrap: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
but the file looks ok starting with #!/bin/sh

Bye,
  Kai

« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 08:11:16 pm by kai »

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Have you tried checking out from SVN? CVS is no longer current.

This:
17:26:32: /usr/local/share/codeblocks/plugins/libcompiler.so: undefined symbol: _ZN11EditPairDlgC1EP8wxWindowR8wxStringS3_RKS2_NS_10BrowseModeE
looks like you are using two different wxWindows builds somewhere.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Urxae

• Regular

This:
looks like you are using two different wxWindows builds somewhere.

No, that name stands for EditPairDlg::EditPairDlg(wxWindow*, wxString&, wxString&, wxString const&, EditPairDlg::BrowseMode). The other one is DebuggerState::CleanUp(). (MinGW has a handy little utility named c++filt to de-mangle C++ names)
At one point the (auto)makefiles were missing the lines to use editpairdlg.* and debuggerstate.*, perhaps that version was "immortalized" in CVS?

Offline kai

• Multiple posting newcomer

I've updated the wiki to reflect this change. i'm going to start a new thread about my svn experiences.

At one point the (auto)makefiles were missing the lines to use editpairdlg.* and debuggerstate.*, perhaps that version was "immortalized" in CVS?

yep. that seems to be the case.