Author Topic: About C::B project file...  (Read 21122 times)

takeshimiya

Re: About C::B project file...
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2005, 08:22:55 pm »
About that one: I'm working on an N-ary search tree which will allow adding and searching of tokens instantly, and it'll support fast prefix search for codecompletion (i.e. search for all tokens starting with a prefix).
Great!

Rick, have you considered taking a look about these C++ parsers?:

Synopsis
Developed for the Synopsis autodoc generation app.

Elsa
Elsa can parse most C++ "in the wild". It has been tested with some notable large programs, including Mozilla, Qt, ACE, and itself.

ANTLR C++/CodeStore
Modified a little this open-source multi-platform IDE: VCFBuilder.
ANTLR is one of the most popular and well know parser generators out there.

Assist++
Developed for this another open-source cross-platform IDE: Ultimate++.

And these C/C++ pre-processor parsers:

ucpp
Wave

@Michael: try TortoiseCVS, you'll don't be dissapointed.

Offline Urxae

• Regular
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2005, 08:28:27 pm »
I would prefer not to install other version control systems (just to prevent conflicts).

There shouldn't be any conflict at all between CVS and SVN.
I seem to remember there being a remark on the subversion site about even being able to put the same folder in both CVS and SVN and it should work fine as long as "CVS" was in svn::ignore and ".svn" in .cvsignore. Followed by the remark they couldn't think of any reason why anyone would want to do that, though ;).
The only "conflict" I know of is both TortoiseCVS and TortoiseSVN on the same machine: they'd use too much shell icons (Windows has a max of 15 total, 4 of which it uses itself) if TSVN would use its full complement, so it cuts back in this situation.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 08:32:47 pm »
There shouldn't be any conflict at all between CVS and SVN.
I seem to remember there being a remark on the subversion site about even being able to put the same folder in both CVS and SVN and it should work fine as long as "CVS" was in svn::ignore and ".svn" in .cvsignore. Followed by the remark they couldn't think of any reason why anyone would want to do that, though ;).
The only "conflict" I know of is both TortoiseCVS and TortoiseSVN on the same machine: they'd use too much shell icons (Windows has a max of 15 total, 4 of which it uses itself) if TSVN would use its full complement, so it cuts back in this situation.
Ok, then. I will give it a try. Thank you very much Urxae and Takeshi Miya.

Michael

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2005, 08:07:07 am »
I've installed ntCVS, WinCVS, TortoiseCVS, SVN and TortoiseSVN in parallel on several machines using WindowsXP and didn't have any problems. We are in the same situation as Michael described, in the company we're using CVS (doesn't  matter which client WinCVS or TortoiseCVS) and with CodeBlocks i started with SVN and TortoiseSVN. often i use the TortoiseSVN to get information of modified files, for updating i'm using the svn-client callled from batch-files (as i did with ntcvs-client) because i manage the update-logfiles automatically.

First i was suspicious if all programs for CVS and SVN are working in parallel without unwanted interaction, but after using it now a few weeks, i can say it just works !

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2005, 11:11:30 am »
First i was suspicious if all programs for CVS and SVN are working in parallel without unwanted interaction, but after using it now a few weeks, i can say it just works !
That's good to know. Thanks. I am may be too much cautious, but one time WinCVS stopped to work. Each time, I started it, after closing the "tip of the day" window, it automatically quit. And even unistall followed by a re-install did not solve anything.

Michael

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2005, 12:10:14 pm »
We could configure the new projects' targets (configurations) like this:
  • Unicode WX DLL - Debug
  • Unicode WX DLL - Release
  • Unicode WX DLL - Profile
  • Ansi WX DLL - Debug
  • Ansi WX DLL - Release
  • Ansi WX DLL - Profile
Another advantage of this method is that it is easier to compile with diffrent compilers. Just make some targets for each compiler :)
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2005, 12:29:38 pm »
With inter-project dependencies, that might be an improvement, without it would be a nightmare.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."