Author Topic: Breakpoints in headers don't work  (Read 4194 times)

Offline ThundThund

• Multiple posting newcomer
Breakpoints in headers don't work
« on: November 22, 2011, 01:57:09 pm »
Hi everybody! I've been searching through the forum and I've found some threads talking about this issue, but none of them give any solution. My problem is the following:

If I put a breakpoint at any line of a header file (into inline methods for example), the debugger never stops there. However, if I put it in a CPP file, it does. How can I configure it to stop in both cases?

Using:
Windows7/CB 10.05/MinGW (GCC 4.4.1)/ GDB 6.8

Thanks in advance!

zabzonk

Re: Breakpoints in headers don't work
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 02:17:13 pm »
Works for me. That's an old version of GDB you are running (and quite an old version of GCC) - I'd update with the latests and greatest from TDM at http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net, and try using a recent CB nightly build.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 03:39:45 pm »
ThundThund: Try updating gdb to 7.2 or 7.3 first, gcc 4.4.1 is relatively new, so this can be upgraded as a second step.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline ThundThund

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 06:05:44 pm »
Wow! Thank you very much for your recommendation about TDM installer, it's great. I've updated my GCC  + GDB versions on my CB installation and now breakpoints in header files work!

Thanks to you two.