Author Topic: Code blocks acting very weird.  (Read 14134 times)

Offline torchi12

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Code blocks acting very weird.
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 06:30:01 pm »
I have a question, though...

My friend is not online right now, so I cant test it, but wouldn't he still be getting that error?

And another question is..
Why am I not getting the error? I looked, and I don't seem to have that file ; |

zabzonk

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 06:38:57 pm »
Console application executables built with the TDM compiler I suggested you download do not normally require any extra DLLs - I have  several FOSS projects built with TDM that consist of nothing but the executable. Why your original executable had that dependency - who can say? You should really check your executables for dependencies using a tool like Dependency Walker from http://www.dependencywalker.com before distributing them.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2011, 07:19:03 pm »
I suggest removing all installed files before unzipping the nightly, otherwise you can get errors due to the use of incorrect libraries.
If I remember correctly there have been changes that can probably lead to errors.

Offline torchi12

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2011, 07:20:28 pm »
How does it really work though?
I got this:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/714/hmeee.png/
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 07:23:03 pm by torchi12 »

zabzonk

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 07:22:33 pm »
Explaining the output of Dependency Walker would be waaaaay off-topic here. As I remember, its help is quite good - read it.

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 07:35:35 pm »
@Alpha It's always worked for me!
I suggest removing all installed files before unzipping the nightly, otherwise you can get errors due to the use of incorrect libraries.
If I remember correctly there have been changes that can probably lead to errors.
@Neil This is what I had been referring to (although, depending on the program, it is possible there could be no errors; but that would just be luck).

zabzonk

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2011, 07:43:29 pm »
@Alpha & Jens

I retract my advice!