Author Topic: wxWidgets Project (cannot find -lwxmsw26) [Solved]  (Read 19202 times)

Slider

Re: wxWidgets Project (cannot find -lwxmsw26)
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2005, 07:07:57 pm »
ok, I've gone through the build again, but still no libwxmsw26.a is created anywhere.

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2005, 08:40:06 pm »
very strange ... a question , do you have  wxmsw26_gcc_cb.dll ?

One of the possibility may due to non-default wxwidgets installation path.

Try to add an OS environment variable in your windows  (My computer right click>  properties > Advanced > Environment variable  , it may a bit different win2k & winxp )

set WX_DIR as c:\wxwidgets

Recompile wxwidgets (do a make clean before recompile)

Slider

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 10:22:42 pm »
Thanks for your suggestion cyberkoa, turns out it there was no environment variable for the MinGW compiler, putting it in place solved the problem. Thanks.

sviten

Re: wxWidgets Project (cannot find -lwxmsw26) [Solved]
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2005, 04:11:52 pm »
Can you be more specific with your fix please?  I'm having the same issue.  What particular environment variable did you set?

Offline 280Z28

• Regular
  • *insert unicode here*
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2005, 04:13:34 pm »
Can you be more specific with your fix please?  I'm having the same issue.  What particular environment variable did you set?

Yeah a bunch of people are having trouble with this still. I'll make a new thread today in the compilation forum and make it obvious, like "How-To: Compile svn head C::B in Unicode configuration"
78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - 12.71@109.04
99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq
 Check out The Sam Zone :cool:

sviten

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2005, 05:02:07 pm »
Yeah a bunch of people are having trouble with this still. I'll make a new thread today in the compilation forum and make it obvious, like "How-To: Compile svn head C::B in Unicode configuration"

That's great and I appreciate it but I think this thread is about compiling/linking other projects, not C::B.

sviten

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2005, 05:59:36 pm »
OK, I found my issue.  My issue was I could get it to compile correctly but it would not run ( as in "Process terminated with status 1" ).  My solution was to copy the dll file into the path.  To keep things clean, I copied it into the project folder.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2005, 06:03:45 pm »
My solution was to copy the dll file into the path.  To keep things clean, I copied it into the project folder.

You can also add the path of the dll(s) directory in the system path (environmental variable). This is useful if other applications used the same dll(s).

Michael