Author Topic: The 30 October 2011 build (7550) is out.  (Read 115300 times)

Offline neo1691

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 30 October 2011 build (7550) is out.
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2011, 06:26:15 am »
yes i created the new project and now it is showing the error line!! When i create just a c file it was not showing. Now in console project it is showing. Strange!!
However the errors are not highlighted in red :P
It is a good news.

Also i have ran into another problem. Now when double click on a tab, it never switches to the minimal prespective view. Have to go to the view tab and do that manually. Thats annoying!
What do you mean by "minimal perspective"? I can't catch your idea.

Minimal prespective is a feature which lets the editor (where we write the code) run in full screen (nearly) on double clicking the tab!!
This feature was not available in the stable release so i decided to switch to the nightly release of c::b.
However i found out that mingw compiler is required for c::b nightlies so i got that first (tdm gcc) and installed it.
Since the line error was there i reinstalled the c::b stable release and suddenly the minimal prespective feature came there too!! :shock:
But the line error also came to c::b stable.. so i unninstalled it!!

Now finally i have unninstalled the c::b stable, deleted the c::b nightly, re-downloaded it, and the minimal prespective feature is back again!!

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2011, 06:37:04 am »
Renamed the folder! Same result. No line number.
Note: Remove the spaces in the file name too, that should fix your problem.

Tried it!! Same result :(

now i reinstalled the old 10.05 version of C::B and suprising the minimal prespective view was there in it!! And sadly the same error is also there now on the old version! Its not showing the line version!!
i think i should try to reinstall the windows again to sort out the mess!!
You most likely have build your project (where it does not work) in release mode.
For linker errors this works only in debug mode.

Offline neo1691

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2011, 06:53:48 am »
Renamed the folder! Same result. No line number.
Note: Remove the spaces in the file name too, that should fix your problem.

Tried it!! Same result :(

now i reinstalled the old 10.05 version of C::B and suprising the minimal prespective view was there in it!! And sadly the same error is also there now on the old version! Its not showing the line version!!
i think i should try to reinstall the windows again to sort out the mess!!
You most likely have build your project (where it does not work) in release mode.
For linker errors this works only in debug mode.

Sorry to ask but what you said is for the minimal perspective view or the line error that i was getting?

EDIT: YES GOT IT: line numbers are shown only when the project is build in debug mode

If that was for the minimal perspective view, then i should say that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Tried toggling the release and debug from the dropdown menu!!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:33:51 am by neo1691 »

Offline mr.exodia

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2011, 01:44:03 pm »
Thanks a lot for this build, it's waays better then v10.5 without updates...

greetings

stefanos_

« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2011, 11:04:17 am »
guys, I want someone's immediate feedback about something I have found and honestly seems really awkward to me.

Last night, under GNU / Linux Debian wheezy using the latest svn revision, I ran a program of mine in debug mode. I enabled dissasembly and the generated code was in MASM! I thought that was a tweak or a kind of pseudo-logic...something!

Right now I am under Windows XP SP3 using svn-7620 and guess what? My dissasembly code is in NASM now under Windows!!! :D hahahaha sorry guys but what the hell?!

Is there is something I should know about? Please enlighten me because I am really eager to know more about such thing :)

UPDATE: I went to Settings > Compiler and debugger and changed it to Intel and displayed in MASM. Still though, why system default is in NASM under Windows? Shouldn't be Intel instead?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 11:12:29 am by stefanos_ »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2011, 12:35:32 pm »
GNU people use AT&T syntax by default I think.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline playxiaobaicai

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2011, 06:03:10 pm »
C:B is very good,I like this IDE,it's powerful very much! But why integrated all update in home page downloads? It still codeblocks-10.05(27 May 2010) maybe make many  foreign beginners think it stop update.In china,almost all chinese college students are used to using vc++6.0(1998),it's very very old!visual stdio is also powerful,but volume is so........
  so I hope you can update home page!

Offline Folco

• Regular
    • Folco's blog (68k lover)
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2011, 06:25:57 pm »
Mainteners have already said that the little word "Nightlies" on the home page is sufficient. Imho it is not, especially for someone who is not used to open development and free softwares. At least a link and some lines of explanations could be added to the download page, no ?
Kernel Extremist - PedroM power ©

Offline playxiaobaicai

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2011, 05:40:52 am »
I see,thank you!

Offline Calexus

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2011, 11:59:05 am »
To end this "keeping the website alive" argument that seems to be a frequently reoccurring subject why not post/mirror the nightly change log or a link to it on the main page. And maybe put a timestamps on it to show how recently the web page was updated and everyone can easily see that codeblocks is alive and kicking.

Offline person 1000

Building
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2011, 08:38:41 pm »
For moderator

My program does not work when i want to bulid something or run it. My code is perfectly corect, I've cheched it on another computer. Isn't it supposed to say something when building? It is doing nothing when I press build and when I press run it says "This program was not build yet. Do you want to buid it now?" I press yes, press bulid and after that run. The same thing. To be noticed that it does not do anything when I press build, it says nothing at logs. Please help me. Thank you in advance.

Offline person 1000

« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2011, 08:51:15 pm »
is somebody ONLINE ?

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2011, 09:08:04 pm »
Are u using version 10.05 and set the target type to 'native'? If both yes, whether switch to a nightly or set the target type to something other than 'native'.

Offline person 1000

« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2011, 09:20:42 pm »
no, i have 8.02

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2011, 09:24:30 pm »
is somebody ONLINE ?
What do you expect, if you give no useful information ?
A meaningful answer after 13 minutes ?

Please be patient !!

Reading the forum rules, before asking would help.
In the rules you find alink to the FAQ and a possible cause for your problem.

Find it and read it ...
... and if reading the FAQ, searching the forum/web and  reading the manual does not help, come back with meaningful information about the revision of C::B you use, your OS and your compiler (and version).