Author Topic: The 30 October 2011 build (7550) is out.  (Read 115311 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 30 October 2011 build (7550) is out.
« on: October 30, 2011, 10:52:27 am »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2812_gcc452-TDM.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc452-TDM.7z

The 30 October 2011 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20111030_rev7550_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• Added information about the SDK version to the Help->About dialog
  • Fix an issue introduced with commit 7307, reported here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,15023.msg101286.html#msg101286 and other threads
  • compiler errors : instantiated from here : added ([0-9]+): could be this should be made optionale (aka 0 or 1 time) (let's see what happens)
  • corrected last commit (7461), because it works with "old" info messages (just the line number), but shows the column as message with newer gcc-compilers; added compiler-warning and -error regexes for newer gcc-compilers (with line number and column)
  • fix a bug (missing semicolon), that prevents output-parsing-regexes from being reset to defaults
  • compiler-plugin: fix compiler-notes -regex for newer compilers, moved preprocessor-error-regex some lines down, so there is no collision with "new" compiler notes; see http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,15306.msg102742.html#msg102742    
  • compiler-plugin: some changes to advancedcompileroptionsdlg.cpp, so deleting and resetting regexes should now work correctly
  • CC: Fixed a deadlock in OnGotoDeclaration; Showing a modal dialog while holding a lock is a bad idea, because wx event can be sent and thus could cause a dead-lock (taking the lock from the same thread).
  • implemented $REMOVE_QUOTES{} macro which removes quotes around certain (any) strings, usage: $REMOVE_QUOTES{"A STRING IN QUOTES"}
  • doxyblocks-plugin: fix incorrect size of toolbar-icon, was 32x32 instead of 22x22
  • a few build fixes for Windows project file related to GCC 4.6.x (strange that some of these didn't happen in 4.5.x)
  • pumped (wx)Scintilla to v2.2.9 and merged relevant changes of wxSTC from wxWidgets trunk
  • openfilelist: Implement correctly the OnRelease method
  • add option to set wxLog::EnableLogging() to true via commandline; default is off.
  • remove version-numbers from two xrc-files, to avoid warnings if additional debug-logging is turned on
  • Autoversioning plugin: added comment and the correct message for last commit (7499): don't try to read from version.h, if autoversioning is not enabled, so we avoid error-messages if verbose logging is enabled
  • several small fixes, mostly related to "make dist"
  • Use gtk-notebook as default notebook on systems using wxGTK, so the notebook-tabs integrate more smooth into the systems theme
  • cbAuiNotebbok: fix an issue, where the notebook tabs do not minimize the free space at the right side after reszing the tabcontrol
  • fix an issue, where notebookstyle.cpp could not be build, if not either mousesap or codesnippets was also build; make use of gtk-notebooks configurable in automake-system (on as default); check that wxWidgets has at least revision 2.8.8
  • Made 'Remove file' context menu item to consider the project tree selection, when generating the list of files to be removed
  • sort the files for the active project at the top of the results in the 'Search->Goto file...' dialog
  • codecompletion-plugin: added missing xrc-file to unix project
  • applied patch by OllyDbg to center unction on screen on "show decl/impl"
  • applied (modfied) patch by OllyDbg to take portabler setting for compiler into account when looking for GCC include directories
  • CC: fix a parser problem on switch case statement, based on a patch by OllyDbg
  • CC: updated parser test project to show (optionally) the internal SearchTree as XML structure
  • compiler-plugin: if writing the HTML-buildlog, we need to replace "<", ">" and "&" with the correct HTML-tags to avoid conflicts (parts of output not shown correctly)
  • compiler-plugin: add regexes to correctly recognize skipping of instantiation contexts as info and not as error (at the moment only for GNU GCC compiler); little format fix for compilergcc.cpp
  • added new SDK event: cbEVT_COMPILE_FILE_REQUEST
  • prepared compiler plugin accordingly to handle this event
  • implemented drag & drop of multiple selections (items) in project tree - based on patch#3030 by codeman
  • updated fortran lexer (thanks Darius) -> first part of a couple of patches of the FortranProject plugin
  • added new SDK events "cbEVT_COMPLETE_CODE" and "cbEVT_SHOW_CALL_TIP" (thanks Darius) -> second part of a couple of patches of the FortranProject plugin
  • added new Fortran file extensions (thanks Darius) -> third part of a couple of patches of the FortranProject plugin
  • exposed new Fortran file extensions to scripting engine (thanks Darius) -> fourth part of a couple of patches of the FortranProject plugin
  • made ToDo plugin to recognise Fortran comments (thanks Darius) -> fifth part of a couple of patches of the FortranProject plugin
  • fixed a hug in ToDo list plugin with line endings (CR and LF were swapped)
  • apply optimisation flags to compiler derived from intel fortran compiler (thanks Darius) -> sixth part of a couple of patches of the FortranProject plugin
  • partial merge from debugger branch:
    * added ability to specify whether an application should run in a terminal or not (as this has been requested several times now)
    * functionality can be accessed via "select target" dialog
  • fixed virtual folder not expanding on double click

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    Re: The 30 October 2011 build (7550) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 12:00:40 pm »
    Debian packages (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit systems can be found in my repo.
    Revision is svn7548, the later revisions are unrelated to trunk.

Offline Dreamy

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 05:35:56 pm »
    Did Visual C++ 2010 support suddenly disappear or am I blind? I've installed 2010 and it worked just fine with previous nighty... Now it detects only MinGW...

*edit: attached screenshot

*edit2: wxsmith branch (unlike this one) recognized 2010 aswell (screenshot 2)
    « Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:21:46 pm by Dreamy »

stefanos_

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 10:07:49 pm »
    I ran svn update, got the latest svn revision (7550), compiled it and sees it as 7548 for some reason.

It still crashes unexpectedly when you load GUI files of type .xrc while trying closing them by clicking x tab button.

I am under GNU / Linux Debian wheezy, using

the latest GCC: gcc (Debian 4.6.1-4) 4.6.1
    wxGTK 2.8.12

To reproduce the code, I loaded Code::Blocks' code [codeblocks-unix.cbp], opened any find from Projects>Resources>SDK>resources.

Open any kind of .xrc file, preferably one that is big, use your mouse to move the scroller up and down.
    Press the x button from tab. Voila! Just crashed...

Update: Just crashed in general and reported an xml file. I have attached it here and patiently waiting for your valuable reply.
    Update of update: I ran it via terminal without & to watch every single step it follows and reproduced the crash.

I get this message now:

Text seems to be pure ASCII!
    We use user specified encoding: Unicode 8 bit (UTF-8) (ID: 41)
    Final encoding detected: Unicode 8 bit (UTF-8) (ID: 41)
    « Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 10:15:07 pm by stefanos_ »

stefanos_

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 02:01:02 pm »
    I have downloaded the latest revision (7550) under Windows (XP), compiled it and says that it's 7472.

I'm using:
    TDM's GCC 4.6.1
    wxMSW 2.8.10

If it's something with my code, please advice what to do.

Thanks

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 02:35:25 pm »
    I ran svn update, got the latest svn revision (7550), compiled it and sees it as 7548 for some reason.
    This is because the latest revision of trunk is 7548. It is normal and expected.
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline JSharpe

• Single posting newcomer
    « Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 12:54:05 pm »
    I only just noticed this but is there a reason why std::endl, std::cin.sync() and std::cin.good() aren't highlighted like the others are? I let code blocks generate a new default.conf just to make sure it wasn't mine but it still occurs.

Shouldn't 'sync', 'endl', and 'good' be highlighted green?

I'm new to C++ too so the program written is a bit rubbish  :P.

Offline Glooper

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 10:44:48 pm »
    I have downloaded this build 7550 but I cannot compile it. The compiler error I'm getting is:

C:\dev\CodeBlocks\Projects\codeblocks\src\sdk\scripting\bindings\sc_wxtypes.cpp|251|error: no matching function for call to 'SqPlus::SQClassDef<wxArrayString>::func(<unresolved overloaded function type>, const char [5])'|

and it happens in file sc_wxtypes.cpp at the following code

Code

void Register_wxTypes()
        {
            ///////////////////
            // wxArrayString //
            ///////////////////
            SqPlus::SQClassDef<wxArrayString>("wxArrayString").
                    emptyCtor().
                    func(&wxArrayString::Add, "Add").
                    func(&wxArrayString::Clear, "Clear").
    //                func(&wxArrayString::Index, "Index").
                    staticFuncVarArgs(&wxArrayString_Index, "Index", "*").
                    func(&wxArrayString::GetCount, "GetCount").
                    func(&wxArrayString::Item, "Item");

I'm using Code::Blocks SVN build 7550 as the IDE, wxWidgets 2.9.2 library and MinGW compiler. I'm a relative newcomer to C++ and I think the error is telling me that in the definition of the class there is no function defined that matches the call. Is this correct? If so any ideas on how I might correct it?

Thanks

Offline Alpha

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 10:49:36 pm »
    I'm using Code::Blocks SVN build 7550 as the IDE, wxWidgets 2.9.2 library and MinGW compiler.
    Try using wxWidgets 2.8.12 (2.9.x is currently considered unstable, and may be your problem).

Offline Glooper

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 11:11:08 pm »
    The C::B project that I'm using was supplied with the SVN download (Codeblocks_wx29.cbp) and the name suggests that it is set up to use wxWidgets 2.9  so I assumed that it would be OK to use this version. Has anyone successfully compiled from this project file?

Offline Alpha

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 11:21:56 pm »
    From what I know, the project file Codeblocks_wx29.cbp is a transition in preparation for the wxWidgets 3.0 release (so yes, it is for wxWidgets 2.9.x); it may, or may not work consistently.  (I could be wrong about this as I have only used the stable version of wxWidgets to try to compile Code::Blocks.)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 11:36:20 pm »
    Glooper: codeblocks_wx29.cbp is experimental project serving the devs to port C::B to wx29/30. This project is not intended for general usage and it is know to crash when using Code-completion plugin (I don't know the current status). C::B officially works only with wx2.8.x, where x is greater than 9 (I think).
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Glooper

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 11:39:06 pm »
    Thanks for that. I'll grab wxWidgets 2.8 and give it a go.

Offline Micool121

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 12:03:43 am »
    functional for me, I'm happy so far... :D

Offline Glooper

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 12:13:22 am »
    After much downloading/compiling of libraries/compilers I finally got this build of Code::Blocks to compile!  :D
    Thanks for the help guys and/or gals.