Author Topic: win32++ wxwidgets please read but feel free to lock, no programming questions  (Read 4566 times)

Offline MattJ812

• Single posting newcomer
I am extremely sorry if I violated any terms of this forum, that was not my intent, I do not need to ask programming specific questions here.  All I was asking was how to get win32++ to compile using codeblocks,  I figured the errors I received were specific to the MinGW compiler.

That's all

sorry

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
I understand your problem; but, you must understand the rules this site only supports the Code::Blocks IDE; it is not a support site for any compiler including the MinGW GCC Compiler.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
From what I can tell, the only part you are missing to successfully compile a Win32++ application is to link to the libraries I mentioned:
Code
comctl32
ole32
oleaut32
uuid
ws2_32
These are common libraries, included in a MinGW installation, and will be found automatically.  The option in Code::Blocks to add a library is Project->Build options...->Linker settings (tab).  In the Link libraries: box, click Add and individually input each library.

If you decide to go the wxWidgets route, first download the stable (2.8.12) branch, not the testing (2.9.x) branch.  For a simpler building setup, use the project file I posted.  Unpack it into wxWidgets\build\msw and build the monolithic release target.

Your previous build of wxWidgets failed because it assumes that MinGW\bin is in the path:
Code
path D:\Codeblocks\MinGW\bin;%path%
adds it to the path variable for the cmd session.

So you realize, the way you ask questions makes it apparent that you have some learning to do.  To get you on your way, I would suggest reading (and following links on) the following pages for a general overview of terminology:

(Note that MinGW is not part of Code::Blocks; it is only included in the Windows installers for convenience - this is why you received the responses you did.)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 10:46:39 pm by Alpha »