Author Topic: Feature add for BrowseTracker plugin  (Read 11466 times)

Offline sbezgodov

• Multiple posting newcomer
Feature add for BrowseTracker plugin
« on: October 04, 2011, 11:43:38 pm »
Hello, users and developers! I want to introduce a patch, which adds a toolbar for source editor bookmarks and jump locations. Some years ago at this forum I saw a similar patch, but now it's not possible to find it. I believe, that this patch will be useful for most coders. You can see a toolbar at the screenshot. You can show or hide it in the IDE's "View->Toolbars" menu. If BrowseTracker plugin enabled, it removes some default menu entries from "Edit" menu, which are related to IDE editor bookmarks. And if BrowseTracker plugin is disabled, these menu entries are shown back in "Edit" menu. It makes less confusion for end users, because there are different menu entries for same actions.
Please, give a post, if you discover any bugs.
Thanks!

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Feature add for BrowseTracker plugin
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 03:37:17 am »
Hello, users and developers! I want to introduce a patch, which adds a toolbar for source editor bookmarks and jump locations. Some years ago at this forum I saw a similar patch, but now it's not possible to find it.
I just did a search on the forum, I think it was TraceBar plugin(bookmark+navigate), but all the attachment is deleted by admin, so bad.... So, I think it is not safe to post patch in the forum(as they may be deleted some day later) neither in berlios (as it will be closed soon).
I believe, that this patch will be useful for most coders. You can see a toolbar at the screenshot. You can show or hide it in the IDE's "View->Toolbars" menu. If BrowseTracker plugin enabled, it removes some default menu entries from "Edit" menu, which are related to IDE editor bookmarks. And if BrowseTracker plugin is disabled, these menu entries are shown back in "Edit" menu. It makes less confusion for end users, because there are different menu entries for same actions.
Please, give a post, if you discover any bugs.
Thanks!
You work is also great! I will try this patch. :D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 03:39:02 am by ollydbg »
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 07:16:57 am »
but all the attachment is deleted by admin, so bad.... So, I think it is not safe to post patch in the forum(as they may be deleted some day later) neither in berlios (as it will be closed soon).

That's what we always say:
do not attach files, to misuse the server as hosting platform.
All attached files will be deleted from time to time, to reduce the memory used on th eforum (it's linited, of course).
There are many fvree hosting/file-sharing websites around the world.
The same is for images.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 08:35:38 am by jens »

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 09:44:24 am »
@sbezgodov
I just test the patch, and it works quite well! Great job.

@jens:
Yes, I agree with you.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).

Offline sbezgodov

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 12:08:34 pm »
I tried to add .7z archive as a patch to developer.berlios.de page, but later i can't download it. When I press "View Raw Patch" link, it offers to get "download.php" file. There was a patch in .zip archive, which is available for download exactly as a .zip archive. So I'll try.

Offline sbezgodov

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 12:27:36 pm »
Just tried to upload exactly .zip archive, but later "View Raw Patch" button offers to get 5 bytes file, so it's not possible to upload archive to developer.berlios.de. May I send it to someones email?
Using file/image hostings is good idea, but after few months files also can be deleted, if no one downloads it. Can you give an advice, which file/image server is best for us?
Is it possible to donate a HDD drive to forum owner?  :)

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 12:53:50 pm »
Using file/image hostings is good idea, but after few months files also can be deleted, if no one downloads it. Can you give an advice, which file/image server is best for us?
One method, I suggest that you can register a Google projects host site, and upload your zip file there.

Offline p2rkw

• Almost regular
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 03:25:14 pm »
I can't open attachment from first post so I downloaded and applied patch from: http://developer.berlios.de/patch/download.php?id=3220 and only toolbar's handle is visible.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 05:31:55 pm »
I can't open attachment from first post
I can. I use the windows version of 7zip (9.20).

Offline p2rkw

• Almost regular
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 10:28:33 pm »
I unpacked files to src/plugins/contrib/BrowseTracker, but still only handle of toolbar is visible. What should I do to get it working?

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 03:27:40 am »
I unpacked files to src/plugins/contrib/BrowseTracker, but still only handle of toolbar is visible. What should I do to get it working?
can't try atm, did you run update.bat after building?

Offline p2rkw

• Almost regular
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 02:18:09 pm »
Yes, I did, but in package BrowseTracker.zip  there was only one file: manifest.xml. Just right now I manually added files to this package and now it works fine. I think that BrowseTracker.cbp or its makefile should be also patched.