Author Topic: Multiple debugger plugins  (Read 5695 times)

Offline comsytec

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • www.comsytec.com
Multiple debugger plugins
« on: August 22, 2012, 02:29:54 pm »
Is it possible to have multiple debugger plugins enabled in system and pick one for new project from some list ?
This is more SDK related question I think.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:34:02 pm by comsytec »

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Multiple debugger plugins
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 03:42:54 pm »
The developer of that code, Obfuscated, can answer you with more precision, but it is possible to have more than one debugger, though only one debugging instance can be running at a time. I think you can get the behavior you want by setting Debug->"Set Active Debugger"->"target's default". The target's default depends on the compiler that is selected for the target. You can change the debugger for each compiler by going to Settings->Compiler->"Toolchain executables". So if you wanted to use different debuggers for two different targets, then you would need two compilers specifying a different debugger for each.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 09:09:36 pm »
comsytec:
Can you be a bit more specific and to explain more thoroughly what exactly do you need?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline comsytec

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • www.comsytec.com
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 10:12:15 pm »
For example if more suitable debugger plugins for selected target are available let the user pick one from the list. Would be it possible in wizard stage ? Naturally later could be changed in project options.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 09:33:19 am »
What does "more suitable" means? Examples please.
Also we have tons of wizards, so it will mean that we have to change all of them.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]