Author Topic: How can I modify the name color of project template?  (Read 8202 times)

Offline zhl

• Multiple posting newcomer
How can I modify the name color of project template?
« on: September 30, 2011, 02:57:01 am »
I find that the colors of all the template names are red  when newly setting up a new project and then  I want to change the red color to black but I'm new to C:B and so can anyone give me an advice to slove my problem?
I'm using CB(rev7385)
Winxpsp3
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:41:58 am by zhl »

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: How can I modify the color of project template name?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 03:24:13 am »
If you are looking to customize your syntax highlighting, the options are available under Settings->Editor...->Syntax highlighting.  (If it is something else you are trying to change, could you be a bit more descriptive?)

Offline zhl

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 03:45:04 am »
I just want to change the template name color of the project wizard dialog not the highlight syntax setting only like the picture below:
and in my C:B(rev7385) the name colors under all different  project type icons are red color and I want to change to black color like the picture.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 03:48:39 am by zhl »

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 04:31:19 am »
Strange, I have never seen the text in the wizard as anything but black on my system (in fact, the screenshot you posted is from my computer :)).  You could try clearing the configuration data (%APPDATA%\codeblocks), and updating to a newer nightly build.

By the way, if you are posting an image that is already hosted somewhere, it would be better to do something like
Code
[img width=149 height=110]
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/images/8/8f/ProjectWizard.png
[/img]
or
Code
[url=http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=File:ProjectWizard.png]screenshot[/url]
instead of attaching it.

Offline zhl

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 05:12:00 am »
in fact, the screenshot you posted is from my computer :)).  

Yes,I'm reading your pages in wiki for CB including this addr:http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Creating_a_new_project in order to learn more about using CB although I'm using C:B to build AVR program for the time being.I'm also interested in studing C++ using CB(including editting source files and.building programs).

You could try clearing the configuration data (%APPDATA%\codeblocks), and updating to a newer nightly build.
I delete the default.conf and restart my CB,I find the template name color is black.but When I copy the default.conf from
Code
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\CodeBlocks
to the folder where nightly version locates for example:
Code
D:\7385
, I delete the %APPDATA%\codeblocks folder and I find the template name color still red.I do this because I want to make C:B portable according the page:http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_make_Code::Blocks_portable.3F
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 05:13:41 am by zhl »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 06:38:54 am »
If a template name is red, it means it has been edited by you (or is marked as edited by you).You can right-click on the icon and chose "why is this text red?" or something similar, to see where the edited script is.
You can also chose "Dismiss changes" to reset to defaults.

If it still appears, it might be a bug, and you should tell us what exactly you did to get this issue.

Offline zhl

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 02:15:00 pm »
If a template name is red, it means it has been edited by you (or is marked as edited by you).You can right-click on the icon and chose "why is this text red?" or something similar, to see where the edited script is.
You can also chose "Dismiss changes" to reset to defaults.

If it still appears, it might be a bug, and you should tell us what exactly you did to get this issue.

I right-click on one icon and choose the command "discard modifications of this sript" and the color returns to black,so I modify the other name colors under every icon.then I delete the default.conf in the folder of nightly version(7385) downloaded from forum and restart CB to open the project wizard and find the name color is black.I copy the default.conf in %APPDATA%\codeblocks folder to the  nightly version  folder,and then I delete the %APPDATA%\codeblocks folder and find everything is good after restarting C:B.

I get this issue just after I copy the default.conf from %APPDATA%\codeblocks to nightly version folder and delete %APPDATA%\codeblocks folder.The colors under all icons are red and I don't make any change to stript file or modify other relevant files。

Offline zhl

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 04:23:46 am »
oh,an error still shows up when I choose the menu: File->New->Project to set up a project  and I select any pre-confured template from the New from template and the project fails to be created.CB shows me a message:
Code
Failed to load the wizard's script.Please check the debug log for details
.I don't know whether this issue is a bug.

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: How can I modify the name color of project template?
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 12:52:00 am »
If a template name is red, it means it has been edited by you (or is marked as edited by you).
I did not know that, thanks.  (I guess there are a lot of buttons in Code::Blocks I have yet to mess with...)

I get this issue just after I copy the default.conf from %APPDATA%\codeblocks to nightly version folder and delete %APPDATA%\codeblocks folder.The colors under all icons are red and I don't make any change to stript file or modify other relevant files.
Assuming you still have this problem, does it work to re-discard the changes after setting up the portable version?

Offline zhl

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 01:46:14 am »
Assuming you still have this problem, does it work to re-discard the changes after setting up the portable version?

I right-click on the icon  and find that "discard modifications of this sript" doesn't show up again after I select the menu: discard modifications of this sript to change the red color to black and restart CB.so I fail to solve this problem because I know noting about using the script
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 07:37:31 am by zhl »

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 12:25:58 am »
Sorry, I do not exactly understand what you are trying to say :?.

There is an alternate method of make Code::Blocks portable (Windows/Wine only).  PortableApps.com has an almost completed Code::Blocks setup.
If you would like to try it, the changes I made are:
  • replacing the contents of CodeBlocksPortable\App\AppInfo\Launcher\CodeBlocksPortable.ini with
Code
[Launch]
ProgramExecutable=CodeBlocks\codeblocks.exe
CommandLineArguments=--no-check-associations --no-dde --no-splash-screen --personality=%CBP_PERSONALITY%

[Environment]
APPDATA=%PAL:DataDir%
PATH=%PAL:AppDir%\CodeBlocks%PATH_COMPILERS%;%PATH%

[FileWrite1]
File=%PAL:DataDir%\codeblocks\*.conf
Type=Replace
Find=%PAL:LastDrive%\
Replace=%PAL:Drive%\
  • replacing the files in CodeBlocksPortable\App\CodeBlocks with an SVN build of Code::Blocks