Author Topic: where can I find AT&T Assembly in Syntax highlighting  (Read 6941 times)

taurelx

where can I find AT&T Assembly in Syntax highlighting
« on: September 29, 2011, 12:06:08 pm »
where can I find AT&T Assembly in Syntax highlighting ?is it exist?

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: where can I find AT&T Assembly in Syntax highlighting
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 11:31:46 pm »
I do not believe a lexer is currently included for that language (see Languages supported by Code::Blocks lexers).  You could test if any of the other assembly languages Code::Blocks does support have close enough syntax to work.  If you have time, you could also create a new lexer to support AT&T Assembly.

Edit: I did a bit of reading, and it appears MASM Assembly *might* be what you are looking for (note that I am inexperienced with assembly, so I could be completely am wrong).
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:56:45 pm by Alpha »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 04:06:50 pm »
Alpha: Here is a description of the difference between the two kinds of assembler: http://asm.sourceforge.net/articles/linasm.html#Syntax
MSASM should be in intel's syntax.

taurelx: Does Scite support AT&T assembler?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 12:03:43 am »
Alpha: Here is a description of the difference between the two kinds of assembler: http://asm.sourceforge.net/articles/linasm.html#Syntax
Thanks, it was informative.

(By the way, from what I can tell, SciTE only supports one type of assembly, MASM/NASM -> Intel syntax.)