Author Topic: Any plugin for help shortcut  (Read 13560 times)

Offline Freem

• Almost regular
Re: Any plugin for help shortcut
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 08:58:46 pm »
Can you post the full log, now it is full?

Offline neo1691

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 07:31:43 am »
Can you post the full log, now it is full?
After i compile i get a
Code
build log saved as 
                              file://
message. But when i click it there are three options out there. Nothing works when o select any of them. Am i doing it right?

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 11:37:31 pm »
Something is incorrect with your build log.  The directions in my earlier post were not exactly the method that should be used in this situation.  Enable command full compiler logging as the wiki says:
This is done by selecting the "Full command line" option Under menu "Settings" -> "Compiler and Debugger" -> Global compiler settings -> [the compiler you use] -> "Other Setting" tab, "Compiler logging".

Your output should look like the following (of course the names and switches will be different as I am using a different compiler).
Code
-------------- Build: Release in Hello ---------------

mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -fexceptions  -Os     -c "C:\Hello\main.cpp" -o obj\Release\main.o
mingw32-g++.exe  -o bin\Release\Hello.exe obj\Release\main.o   -s  
Output size is 7.00 KB
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 0 seconds)

The borland compiler isnt available on the official website.
I did a bit of searching, and Borland C++ Compiler is still available, it is just that Embarcadero bought it (I guess I will fix the wiki later).

My college uses Turbo C compiler and i am supposed to give my practical examination on turbo C only.
By the way, unless your college is testing you on the command-line usage of the Turbo C compiler, I would suggest you use TDM-GCC with your Code::Blocks installation, as all standards compliant compilers will compile the same set of standard source-code to an equivalently functioning program.

Offline neo1691

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 09:33:33 am »
Something is incorrect with your build log.  The directions in my earlier post were not exactly the method that should be used in this situation.  Enable command full compiler logging as the wiki says:
This is done by selecting the "Full command line" option Under menu "Settings" -> "Compiler and Debugger" -> Global compiler settings -> [the compiler you use] -> "Other Setting" tab, "Compiler logging".

Your output should look like the following (of course the names and switches will be different as I am using a different compiler).
Code
-------------- Build: Release in Hello ---------------

mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -fexceptions  -Os     -c "C:\Hello\main.cpp" -o obj\Release\main.o
mingw32-g++.exe  -o bin\Release\Hello.exe obj\Release\main.o   -s  
Output size is 7.00 KB
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 0 seconds)

The borland compiler isnt available on the official website.
I did a bit of searching, and Borland C++ Compiler is still available, it is just that Embarcadero bought it (I guess I will fix the wiki later).

My college uses Turbo C compiler and i am supposed to give my practical examination on turbo C only.
By the way, unless your college is testing you on the command-line usage of the Turbo C compiler, I would suggest you use TDM-GCC with your Code::Blocks installation, as all standards compliant compilers will compile the same set of standard source-code to an equivalently functioning program.

Thanks a lot for your help Alpha. I feel that borland compiler is way outdated and given the requirements of a modern programmer, one should concentrate towards GCC for a more REAL programming. So for time being i am going to use DEV C++ (given the fact i have my practicals in one month) and after that i would switch to CODE::BLOCKS with gcc as the default compiler.
I also have C++ in the next semester so i think learning was much oriented towards learn basic programming concepts rather than learning Good compiling. I will sure learn the later in the next semester.

Again thank you and everyone for all the help.

Yet if i manage to get the compiler log i will post the log here as it will help you all to fix the bugs (if there are any bugs)