Author Topic: [SOLVED] Linker options invisible  (Read 4579 times)

Offline Gekoncze

• Single posting newcomer
[SOLVED] Linker options invisible
« on: September 11, 2011, 09:35:19 pm »
Hi,
I just wanted to rename my project so I renamed the folder, file and Project - properties - title, but now the content of other linker options got invisible - it is blank, but it is still used when I build my project, but I cannot change it. When I rename the title back, it is visible and I can edit it. So when I want to rename my project, I have to cut the options from linker, then rename the project and then paste linker options back.  :?
Also, when I move the project to another pc, it behaves like it is renamed (but I didnt change the title) and here I cannot recover the options (so I have to cut the options, then move the file to another pc and then paste it back  :?). Is it some bug?
I am using Linux mint 9 (it happens also on Ubuntu 11.4) and the CB version is 8.02 (on Ubuntu it is version EDITED 10.5)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 09:11:37 pm by Gekoncze »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Linker options invisible
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 10:09:00 pm »
Can you provide the project file?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Gekoncze

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 04:59:03 pm »
Here is the project: http://www.4shared.com/file/zcyA76DJ/ggTut01.html (it is very small project, because I started it yesterday)
When I open it with with CB 8.02 and 10.05, the other linker settings are invisible. But now I cannot recover it even with the old name. It seems that the file is corrupted. I also tried creating new projects with both versions and the new projects are ok.
Always when I want to make new project I just copy one old project and edit it, so I don't have to set up everything again. May this be the cause?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 05:11:20 pm »
Argh, why are you people insisting on using one very uncommon archive format?
Zip is OK most of the time and it can be opened on almost all platforms, not like the mighty 7z, lzma, rar, bzip2, whatever.

p.s. the project file is a xml, so you can use a pastebin like service, too.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Gekoncze

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 09:11:08 pm »
Problem with the project solved (when I read that the file is xml I compared the code with another project)... I just looked in the wrong release configuration :/... but why it showed debug config with original title and global config with different title? Does it remember which tab was opened by project title?
p.s. the default archive format was tar.gz so I changed it to 7z, because I thought it is more common... I am sorry I didn't know that you will have problems opening it  :(