Author Topic: context help in codeblocks  (Read 8102 times)

Offline c.panel

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • TopoCad
context help in codeblocks
« on: July 11, 2011, 01:51:39 pm »
hello,
I would like to use codeblocks and minGW to start a new C++project but I ask me some question :
Is there a system like other IDE that can give me on a word the documentation about this work (like a C function) ?
Does it exists help files or docs for G++, the STL lib that can be integrated to codeblocks ide ?

So I ask me if these toolchain are enough documented to start a big project with it

Offline Freem

• Almost regular
Re: context help in codeblocks
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 04:16:26 pm »
I'm not sure you are asking about that, but C::B have an help plugin which can give you the "F1" shortcut when you are on a word, if you have given it the help files it need. If I remember correctly, *.chm work.

[edit] At a time, I had a chm with the cpp and STL documentation inside, but I don't remember at all where I had it.[/edit]
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:21:02 pm by Freem »

Offline c.panel

• TopoCad
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 05:33:09 pm »
"cpp and STL documentation inside, but I don't remember at all where I had it"

that was the question...

Offline Freem

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 12:09:27 pm »
The first question you ask was about a plugin to integrate doc :)

And a quick search (https://duckduckgo.com/?q=%22cpp.chm%22&kb=e&kl=fr-fr&kn=1&kp=-1) give me the answer for the question where to download the file.

Hum, ok, it is not exactly the one I remember, because in fact it was 3, but it seem to be one of the archive I remember... bref, that's not important.

Offline c.panel

• TopoCad
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 09:56:50 am »
thanks a lot, freem, I did search but probably not typed the good words ... and I had found nothing too in the forum. That could be a good Idea for CodeBlocks developper to show these files or where to find them.
In version 8.02 too, the help icon is not present so we can't install help (french linux and windows versions with minGW included)

Offline Freem

• Almost regular
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 10:17:34 am »
I use nightly builds from many times. But anyway, there is a more recent version no?

Maybe this version don't have special icon for help plugin in settings, but the default one? Or maybe it's included in another menu. I don't remember (more than 3 years, you can forgive me I think :D), but I don't think I had problems with it (but I know that I never try this plugin under linux as I switched to this OS from a few months only).

Offline c.panel

• TopoCad
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 05:06:23 pm »
for example, Ubuntu (last version) don't show anything else "CodeBlocks 8.02" . With windows I had loaded v. 10.05 so these problems are solved.

Offline Freem

• Almost regular
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 05:13:40 pm »
I heard many people say that ubuntu use newer version of files than debian, but in testing debian have 10.05...
Maybe you use an old version of ubuntu.

Well, I don't mind because I use nightly builds from jens lody's repository.

At least your problem is solved with the last version.

Offline c.panel

• TopoCad
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 11:46:00 am »
cpp.chm is OK but win32api.chm is rotten like all free file that I have found with google : so the question still remain ...
thanks for any track...
(there is of course MSDN but I would like to have non in line documentation)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 12:16:54 pm »
You can install MSDN on you harddrive, then you can find how the urls are generated and what should be run. Then modify the help plugin.
BTW: back in the days, when I needed MSDN, google was searching better in it that the build in search engine :)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline c.panel

• TopoCad
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 12:51:20 pm »
yes, it's a good idea for people who want to start programming with codeblocks and have a RTC line with 56K  flow.   :D

Offline Freem

• Almost regular
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 03:35:22 pm »
Hum, but before giving something like that, you'll need to look the msdn's license. Maybe it's not freely redistribuable? (this is a true question, I really don't know the license of this)

[troll] With a so low bandwith, they probably have a cheap hardware, so they should avoid using ms software :D
I remind a not light software when speaking of ms VS and it's tools[/troll]