Author Topic: registry  (Read 5996 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
registry
« on: November 29, 2005, 05:29:56 pm »
When you would use 'the upcoming version" installer (include mingw), what does the installer register in the registry ?

Reason for the question : I am thinking of in house distribution (to a limited number of collegues to test out CB) of a svn build. But I would be more of a copy cb-dir and paste on your machine. But I don't know if that will be suffcient ?

RC2 is NO option, to many interesting changes in the meantime, bugs fixed, less registry usage also (user settings no longer in the registry ..).

Thanks,
Lieven

Offline Urxae

• Regular
Re: registry
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 06:01:14 pm »
I don't think the installer itself actually writes anything to the registry, except maybe some uninstall information. I'm pretty sure it's not anything C::B itself actually needs, even when C::B used the registry for settings I think it was all created on the first run automatically.
The only thing I can think of is that maybe the MinGW part of the installer registers something. I know the 'official' MinGW setup puts a registry key with the install path somewhere: this is one of the ways C::B can auto-detect MinGW. I don't know if the C::B install does the same...