Author Topic: RC2 directories...  (Read 3811 times)

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
RC2 directories...
« on: November 29, 2005, 11:24:29 am »
Where does RC2 keep it's directories.  I have 2 C::B installed one is supposed to be stable & the other upgrading.  When I copied the stable over the directories were fine, but when I copied in the new build (20051128), the directories were wrong.  It seems the place where the directories were kept changed.   Is there a way I can copy a file or hand coopy the directories to the new location from the old location.  Thank you.

jmccay

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: RC2 directories...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 11:37:06 am »
I don't know what directories exactly you mean, but many things have changed in the SVN version.
Most notably, up to (and including) RC2, would save the configuration in registry under windows and "~/.Code::Blocks v1.0" under other platforms.
This has changed to %APPDATA%/CodeBlocks/default.conf under windows and ~/.codeblocks/default.conf for other platforms.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
Re: RC2 directories...
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 02:59:13 am »
I don't know what directories exactly you mean, but many things have changed in the SVN version.
Most notably, up to (and including) RC2, would save the configuration in registry under windows and "~/.Code::Blocks v1.0" under other platforms.
This has changed to %APPDATA%/CodeBlocks/default.conf under windows and ~/.codeblocks/default.conf for other platforms.

Actually, that's the information I was looking to get!!!  I found the new location, but I couldn't determine the old location.  Now, I can export the values out of the registry and cut & paste them into the directory entries in C::B IDE!  Cool.  :D :lol: :)

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.