Author Topic: Running Threads in the debugger  (Read 6549 times)

Offline AlexF

• Single posting newcomer
Running Threads in the debugger
« on: June 13, 2011, 02:12:42 pm »
What is correct way to see the full list of running threads in the debugger, and stack for every thread? Running threads window works by strange way. For example, my test program has two threads. If I set breakpoint in the main thread, Running Threads window is empty. If I set breakpoint in another thread, Running Threads window shows only this thread. In any case I cannot see all running threads in this window and switch between them.
Environment: Code::Blocks 8.02, Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit, C++ project.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Running Threads in the debugger
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 04:03:06 pm »
Upgrade to a newer build.
My advise is to try the debugger's branch.
Search the forum for the Jens' repo, I think he has newer packages for ubuntu, also he might have debugger branch builds (I've never used them).
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 04:44:47 pm »
It does not work in trunk either, but seems to work in debugger-branch.
I just compile svn r7219 of the branch and will add it to my repo if it is ready (about 1 hour from now I hope).

How to add my repo to your sources.list is described here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,14470.msg97243.html#msg97243 .

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 06:01:32 pm »
It does not work in trunk either, but seems to work in debugger-branch.
I just compile svn r7219 of the branch and will add it to my repo if it is ready (about 1 hour from now I hope).

How to add my repo to your sources.list is described here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,14470.msg97243.html#msg97243 .

Debugger-branch revision 7219 is in my repo now.

Offline AlexF

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 02:52:57 pm »
Thanks. I understand, that in the future this will be available in Ububtu and other Linux distributions repository?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 03:34:16 pm »
Thanks. I understand, that in the future this will be available in Ububtu and other Linux distributions repository?

Depends on the distros maintainers.
Ubuntu and debian have C::B 10.05 in their official repos, some other distros also, but I don't know which.

After the next release (if it includes the new debugger features) they will surely update their repos accordingly.