Author Topic: [SOLVED] Slackware Installation - bootstrap fails  (Read 5216 times)

elnikoff

[SOLVED] Slackware Installation - bootstrap fails
« on: November 27, 2005, 11:36:08 pm »
EDIT : I really don't know what happens. This evening (it's 19:40 here in Belgium) I started my Slack box. Opened a terminal. Ran ./bootstrap... No more errors... Wow ! ./configure : No Errors ! Great !!
Seems that I'll be able to create projects under Linux now !!!
Thanks to all, I'll lock this topic after this edit... :-)

Hi everybody,

I'm in trouble. Usually get I solution quite quickly, searching the www to find any useful element.

Second explanation should be that I'm quite a newbie under Linux. And I choose a distro which is not simple. But I think I'll learn more than ever like this !

But for now, I get blocked. If these blocks were the Code ones, I should be happy. But no....

Here is an overview :
System :
Pentium III (5 years old, still running !), with Slackware 10.2 (installed from CD less than a week ago)
- autoconf 2.59
- automake 1.9.5
- libtool 1.5.20
All these are versions over the requirments of bootstrap
GTK+2 is installed under version number 2.6.10 (seems to be that, in fact, I'm not 100% sure of that !)

What I've done :
I've followed instructions in the wiki and downloaded wxGTK-2.6.2.tar.gz.
After running instructions given in the "wxWidgets 2.6.1 build" section, I think my system should be working (wx-config returns correct values after starting a new terminal (I choose to put path informations in bash_profile...)

So. I continued with Code::Blocks compilation (btw : forgot to say : tried it in Windows and I'm very impressed by the quality of all the job done !)
./bootstrap returns a lot of messages like :
Code
configure.in: no proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found.
configure.in: You should verify that configure.in invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE,
configure.in: that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory,
configure.in: and that aclocal.m4 was recently regenerated (using aclocal).
then like
Code
src/plugins/astyle/Makefile.am:10: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
src/plugins/astyle/Makefile.am:10:
src/plugins/astyle/Makefile.am:10: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
src/plugins/astyle/Makefile.am:10: to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
/usr/share/automake-1.9/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCXX does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.9/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

I tried to export ACLOCAL_FLAGS. This seems to be ok (echo $ACLOCAL_FLAGS returns path to wxwin.m4 file - seems to be the expected result). 
=====> :?: Should I copy this file to /usr/share/aclocal ?
Tried to run aclocal directly from the toplevel directory. Blurps : the same messages come again...
=====> :?: Maybe is a file missing. But where can I find it ?

Could someone help me ?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 07:47:41 pm by elnikoff »