Author Topic: "It seems that this file has not been built yet."  (Read 7895 times)

Offline drakethelegend

• Single posting newcomer
"It seems that this file has not been built yet."
« on: June 01, 2011, 03:02:48 am »
I installed another distro (Fedora 15, and am absolutely in LOVE with it...), so I had to install CB of course, because I use it all the time. I had this same error before I switched distros again, in fact, every time I switch distros I have this problem, so that's why I'm not posting this in the 'Bug' section, since it's not a bug, but more a 'lack of knowledge' problem, lol.

Anyways, so whenever I install a new distro like I did recently, I install GCC through the terminal and CB through it as well. I open up CB, it asks me what compiler I use, I see GCC, I click the 'Set as Default' and then okay, then create a Hello World simple program. When I compile and run, however, it says:

It seems that this file has not been built yet.
Do you want to build it now?

So I click yes, and nothing happens. I compile and run again, nothing, again. When I Settings > Compiler and Debugger > Toolchain Executables, it says my C compiler is gcc, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Anyways, if anybody could let me know what I'm doing wrong please tell me, as I switch distros often (well, maybe not anymore with how awesome Fed 15 is!), and I always want to have CB.

Thanks for any help! :)

Offline drakethelegend

• Single posting newcomer
Re: "It seems that this file has not been built yet."
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 04:00:56 am »
Hmm, I tried creating a new project, and it came up with this, but at least it was something ( a window... )

sh: /home/drake/desktop/TestCodeBlocks: Permission Denied

???