Author Topic: Refactoring?  (Read 4798 times)

Offline Dmytry

• Single posting newcomer
    • My webpage, Volumetrics for MojoWorld, The Galaxy, etc.
Refactoring?
« on: November 26, 2005, 10:32:05 am »
Would be great to have some basic refactoring like renaming functions, classes, maybe even automatically creating getXXX and setXXX (and updating all code to use it) , and so on.
I see CB has working symbols view and autocompletion so it should not be that hard now (the hardest part is parsing c++  :lol:). That would be very time-saving thing to have. Or at very least search and replace in all files.

Another idea: refactoring tool could put special comment into header file, with original name and new name so when using same header in other project, names could be updated automatically.

StApostol

Re: Refactoring?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 01:36:59 pm »
That's a great idea! The refactoring functions in the new visual studio are a great time-saver.

All that's needed is someone with enough spare time in his hands to write a plugin...

BTW, I think I've seen you before - are you the Dmytry roaming the Gamedev forums?

Offline Dmytry

• Single posting newcomer
    • My webpage, Volumetrics for MojoWorld, The Galaxy, etc.
Re: Refactoring?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 03:29:38 pm »
That's a great idea! The refactoring functions in the new visual studio are a great time-saver.

All that's needed is someone with enough spare time in his hands to write a plugin...
Yes... though i don't sure if plugin can have access to how-CB-parses-C++ (it's huge pain in the * to parse C++)

BTW, I think I've seen you before - are you the Dmytry roaming the Gamedev forums?
Yep, one that does clouds :-)