Author Topic: <fstream.h>?  (Read 11189 times)

Offline Larek Robinson

• Single posting newcomer
<fstream.h>?
« on: May 20, 2011, 02:56:11 pm »
I was just wondering if there had been an update to the binary download of C::B recently, since I recently downloaded the installer, and reinstalled my C::B (due to personal issues that are now fixed).

I was wondering if this was done, because Code::Blocks can't seem to find <fstream.h>. When I downloaded it and installed it, it gave me another error saying it couldn't find <_defs.h>. So I went and downloaded and installed it.. this time I got an error in <iostream.h> where it was unable to do anything with this line here _CLASSDEF(ios).

I know that iostream.h is a bit outdated, but I'm supposed to use it for my class, and although I use <iostream>, sometimes I need to use <iostream.h>.

If someone could help point out something I may be missing, that would be great! :)

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: <fstream.h>?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 03:23:43 pm »
First of all :
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ#Q:_What_Code::Blocks_is_not.3F

If you want to use an outdate compiler, you have to find one and download/install it.
Please do not blame C::B if it ships with a more uptodate (and more standard conform) compiler.

Never mix heder-files of different compiler versions, this can break your compiler or make your application crash.

I don't know any cause, why you should use <iostream.h> instead of <iostream>.

Offline Larek Robinson

• Single posting newcomer
Re: <fstream.h>?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 03:05:32 pm »
I understand every reason of why I should never use <iostream.h> over <iostream>. I must use it for my C++ class, and although I use <iostream>, I must convert it to <iostream.h> standards, and this requires me to build and run the program so I can double check that it works.

Sorry for wasting your time,
Larek Robinson