Author Topic: MSP430 compiler did not listed  (Read 24585 times)

Offline martonmiklos

• Single posting newcomer
Re: MSP430 compiler did not listed
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 08:08:15 pm »
Hey,

Sorry for forgotting to post the patch, but I get totally fed up with the squirrel, and wxwidgets, and gave up my goals.
I got totally lost when I was unable to create an associatible array. No examples nothing nowhere on the web, and it is almost impossible to find relevant information due the common name (squirrel oh yeah).

So I have attached a patch which adds support for the msp430-gcc on Linux.
I have also attached a tar.gz which should be uncompressed to src/plugins/scriptedwizard/resources

This adds a wizard to the C::B. Creating and compiling a project works. At least to MSP430F5438, what I have tried.

I have tried to add an option to be able to program after building, but my knowledge was not enough to do it.

The C::B's squirrel parser says to the toupper function that it does not exists (if user selects the programmer). I have stripped my code to be able to parsed with a standalone squirrel (removed _T macros, and project related stuff), and it worked.

If anyone has some kind of more advanced debugging techique to create/debug scripted wizards, please let me know.
 Also generating some user feedback dialogs (messagebox, etc.) from the script would be helpful to improve the wizard, but I have not found any examples.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 08:11:21 pm by martonmiklos »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 08:38:07 pm »
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline doragasu

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 05:11:27 pm »
Thanks a lot for  help martonmiklos.

For me it's really nasty MSP430 support isn't enabled in Linux by default. Having to download, patch and compile C::B isn't the easiest and fastest way to start coding for this platform.

I will post my results if I finally compile it. (The other option I'm considering is using Eclipse).